Pavement...any use? (1 Viewer)

I'm with you 50% in Malkmus solo stuff. A lot of it is better than Pavement, but then I'm a total Crooked Rain fanboy. That's the one that probably tops everything. Added mid-nineties nostalgia element tips it that way.

Of the recent Jicks albums, Sparkle Hard was a total grower for me. Wasn't overly mad on it when it came out but it's now one of my favourite Malkmus related releases of them all. Superb, effortlessly melodic songwriting throughout.

But WTF are you on about w/ Grounded?

Terror Twilight is the only Pavement album I bought as it came it out, and love it. I've gone back to the old albums but cannot distinguish between them, and there's too much lo-fi shouting for my taste. I will say Pavement have the more iconic songs.

If I'm listening to Pavement I'll usually just put on the Quarantine the Past best off, which is brilliant.

The consistent quality of the Malkmus solo and jicks output is really impressive.

Terror Twilight is the only Pavement album I bought as it came it out, and love it. I've gone back to the old albums but cannot distinguish between them, and there's too much lo-fi shouting for my taste. I will say Pavement have the more iconic songs.

If I'm listening to Pavement I'll usually just put on the Quarantine the Past best off, which is brilliant.

The consistent quality of the Malkmus solo and jicks output is really impressive.
Terror Twilight always reminds me of sitting the leaving cert so it has that against it for me!

They were always being played around the house and I liked them but I didn’t really get into them myself personally until Brighten the Corners came out. Still have a soft spot for that and Crooked Rain

I was blasting this out driving into the housing estate last night like a cool bastard 40 year old.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Resale tickets on Ticketmaster for the Friday night now. Too rich me. Resale cost is €60.20 (Face value was €52.50) plus an additional €2.75 handling fee and 15% service charge.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back