PATPH present: K-X-P (Finland) and Trumpets of Jericho (Cork) - Kilkenny show (1 Viewer)

Benthos Records

Website
www.benthosrecords.com
kxpa3cleeres-1.jpg

Problems at the Pancake House return for another of their infrequent shows on Friday January 21st in Cleere’s Theatre, Kilkenny. This show sees Finland’s K-X-P and Cork’s Trumpets of Jericho team up for a night of techno, krautrock, synth punk, and plenty of other cryptic genre labels. A night not to be missed!

K-X-P

kxpkxp-1.jpg

K-X-P is a drums, bass and synth trio from Helsinki, Finland, comprised of Timo Kaukolampi (electronics, vocals), Tuomo Puranen (bass and keyboards) and rotating drummers Anssi Nykänen and Tomi Leppanen. They initially began to form in 2006, their self-titled album finally released by Smalltown Supersound Records in December of 2009.

The band mixes electronics, krautrock, and even rockabilly into a hypnotic and minimal motorik groove. The musical background of K-X-P's members ranges from the disco-idiotism-turned-into-spiritual-hide-and-seek of Op:l Bastards, to the fusion and free jazz explorations of Pekka Pohjola, (of which Anssi Nykanen was a member and so was Jimi Tenor) to the East European soulscapes of Tomi Leppanen's former band, Aavikko.

Glasgow’s DJ duo Optimo has also been a strong supporter of the band from the beginning, remixing their new album "18 Hours of Love".

"intense. As mind-frying as the bloopiest early acid house."4/5 MOJO

“It's a compelling debut of intelligent, exiting stuff. Genres be damned, this is simply great music." FUTURE Music

“Manage to sound loose and off-the-cuff, positively alive and experimental” 7.8/10, Pitchfork.com

http://www.myspace.com/kxpofficial

Trumpets of Jericho

TrumpetsofJericho-1.jpg

Opening the show is Trumpets of Jericho, who return from Cork to perform another of their unique synth-punk freakouts for our humble ears.

Trumpets of Jericho are male and measure accordingly, standing over twenty feet tall when arranged end to end. Their (our) music is a mix of musics and tastes from around the province. All around it. They (we) have been really good this year and are long overdue some kudos (thanks). Thanks...thanks.

Trumpets of Jericho don't have anything and would like some of yours. Please bring it with you and be ready to present it at the proper time. Trumpets will, as trumpets wont.

"Probably the only remaining hope for clear musical skies for this and all years, Trumpets of Jericho rip through the shagdust veneer of Anglo-Celtic-Pop sensibilities and emerge surprisingly unscathed and unhoofed. A real meal of a dinner!"
Jim Carroll*

*Not Jim Carroll; Perry Benthos

K-X-P's website says they're playing the Button Factory on Thursday 20th but i haven't seen any posters or mentions on any websites. Does anyone know if it's going ahead?

As far as I know they're playing the Trinity Rag Ball with Rep of Loose - think it might be a student only event.

Here's some tasty videos for anyone thinking of making the trip down/up/across to Kilkenny:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Balls. Double balls. I've been whipping myself into a frenzy about this dublin gig. Oh well!

Well for anyone who missed the Dublin show, Kilkenny is but an hour and a half's drive downward.

Doors for Kilkenny show are 8.30pm, Trumpets of Jericho kicking it off at 9.00ish

Adm is a paltry €5.

Ah sure go on.

I'd be there like a shot if I didn't have prior commitments to a 6 month old baby. Good luck with it anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back