Parkrun! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 39
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 2
Jayus good man Gaz. I'm scrambling trying to find time to get out on the bike these days.

That's why I go running at lunch time these days, it's just handier. Plus my wife works a lot of nights so I actually just want to hang out at home when she's there instead of pissing off out for a run

I'm only running Monday,Wednesday and Saturday now ..and I take it super handy except for Saturday(parkrun natch!)...although I go further on Monday and Wednesday.

Monday I run around the park in Dublin cos its lovely and flat and Wednesday I'm back home on the gruelling hills of Belturbet

I want to run more but I can't yet..my legs are just too weak,,I keep getting injured when I try consecutive days...but I hope to be able to run 5 days a week eventually

That sounds like a good plan. I should have eased myself back into it. I'm fairly bolloxed today. It's either too much running or the start of a cold.

I want to run more but I can't yet..my legs are just too weak,,I keep getting injured when I try consecutive days...but I hope to be able to run 5 days a week eventually
Try going out for short runs on your off days. Start with like 2 km one extra day and start building by 0.5 km on that day until you hit your 5 km. Add another day in after a little bit and soon you’ll be out every day.

Try going out for short runs on your off days. Start with like 2 km one extra day and start building by 0.5 km on that day until you hit your 5 km. Add another day in after a little bit and soon you’ll be out every day.
That sounds like a plan!

Be mindful of muscle recovery, takes about 36 hours to regenerate those things. My fitness dude explained it better but I don't have a link. He owns a massive gym full of nordies like.

I don't think a handy 5k each morning would fuck you up though..once you become acclimatised.

The buzz off a wee run is pretty powerful..lifts your spirits for the rest of the day easily

I'm not gonna be doing any marathons..its them that wreck you if you get hooked

yeah i don't think running every day or close to is meant to be a good idea...according to some fit running type people
Any serious runners I know do a run every day, at least 5 days a week. You have to slowly build up to it though or you’ll fuck yourself up.

The buzz off a wee run is pretty powerful..lifts your spirits for the rest of the day easily
I never get any kind of buzz out of a run. Only exercise buzz I get is skipping along to something fast, esp if you sing along too (this is easier if you live in the sticks like I do). I think the buzz might actually be oxygen deprivation

Well..its not a buzz like smoking hash or anything..if thats what you think I meant!

I'd run a mile from it if it was something like that

Its more a general feeling of wellbeing and healthfulness..easier to just say buzz though

I found running great for clearing the head at the start of the day. My knees and one ankle, however, we’re having none of it.

New PB of 25.05 this week!

Woulda went sub 25 easily only I stopped to retrieve my windcheater from the ground 200 metres from the finish

Anyone else Parkrunning?

If not..why not!

New PB of 25.05 this week!

Woulda went sub 25 easily only I stopped to retrieve my windcheater from the ground 200 metres from the finish

Anyone else Parkrunning?

If not..why not!
Did it on Saturday, 26.10, not as good as yourself. Was hanging around for a good while after chatting to people, think I picked up a wee bit of a dose. Trying to shift it before Slayer tomorrow night.

I've actually started doing lunch time runs with some of the lads in here so that's nice.

Ive been benched for two weeks..absolutely twitching to get running again

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back