Paris is Burning!!!! (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
All the super woke people coming out to talk about the past crimes of France and the Church. A musician I like musing on all the food programs for the poor and scholarships for teens etc. that the money spent building Notre Dame could have funded.

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
All the super woke people coming out to talk about the past crimes of France and the Church. A musician I like musing on all the food programs for the poor and scholarships for teens etc. that the money spent building Notre Dame could have funded.
this

all the super-wokes on twitter making me not give 2 fucks. IT'S A BUILDING. No people were hurt. That fact is all that's important here.

Christ, when Grenfell happened it didn't get this much of a reaction.

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
Super Woke ..I like that..could be a good album name

Anyway..hard to believe..or worse..not so hard.. this incident is being used by race baiters . Change the fucking record you red faced bastards

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
It's easy to laugh but the American right have been using this as an opportunity to talk about "Judeo-Christian civilization" and the like so if someone can be fucked to have that argument so I don't have to it's a public service.

Obviously it'd be better if all the internet bar Thumped, Reuters and google maps was turned off but, sure hey

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
It's easy to laugh but the American right have been using this as an opportunity to talk about "Judeo-Christian civilization" and the like so if someone can be fucked to have that argument so I don't have to it's a public service.

Obviously it'd be better if all the internet bar Thumped, Reuters and google maps was turned off but, sure hey

I thought it was a weird "take" (am I using that right, Take"?) It's like saying if the Pharaohs hadn't spent all their riches building the Pyramids at Giza all the Egyptians could have had small pox vaccinations and iPads.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Anyway, burning churches is only cool if it's done by young male black metallers

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I thought it was a weird "take" (am I using that right, Take"?) It's like saying if the Pharaohs hadn't spent all their riches building the Pyramids at Giza all the Egyptians could have had small pox vaccinations and iPads.
Well I haven't followed it all too closely but I did see someone pointing out that France was busy expelling its entire jewish population while the Cathedral was being built and others talking about the influence islamic architecture had on it all.

It's a weird situation where my first reaction to seeing this happening was "oh no, the takes that will follow. THE TAKES."

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
2 guests were on Fox news last night trying to suggest something was up and surprisingly, in fairness to the anchors, they were cut off immediately from that kind of speculation.
Apparently there have been a number of attacks, including arson on churches in France recently. People with an agenda will of course conflate those with this.

I hope it was just an accident , or a black metaller

Unicron

Supporter
Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Nearly a thousand years later I don't think that'l all that important. However I do think it's a little offensive that France's richest man has pledged €100 million to the rebuilding efforts, if you can afford to give that away on a whim then you probably should try to help people living below the poverty line first (or be taxed a lot more so the government can do it.).

Unicron

Supporter
Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Apparently there have been a number of attacks, including arson on churches in France recently. People with an agenda will of course conflate those with this.

I hope it was just an accident , or a black metaller
That Varg, always up to his mischief.

I can't remember if it was Cernovich or Shapiro, one of those idiots, who was on a "the west has fallen" kick last night.

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
was it not destroyed in the war and rebuild back then too?

like, it's an historic building, but now it has a new bit of history. The 'big fire' that happened cos one of the workmen left the toaster on too long.

if they can rebuild St.Mels in Longford, this will be a piece of piss.

Squiggle

Born-again non-smoker
Supporter
Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
Well I haven't followed it all too closely but I did see someone pointing out that France was busy expelling its entire jewish population while the Cathedral was being built
Along with almost every other country in Europe. It was a bad time for Jews, or anyone else who wasn't Catholic.

was it not destroyed in the war and rebuild back then too?
It was nearly destroyed during the French Revolution.

I really hate how quickly certain types are trying to turn this into, simultaneously, a hate crime and a reason to engage in hate crimes. People suck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Say Wow! / Take The Money And Run / Love Is Strange / Swingtown / Killing Floor / Rock'n Me
    Say Wow!
    Steve Miller Band
    Say Wow! / Take The Money And Run / Love Is Strange / Swingtown / Killing Floor / Rock'n Me

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads