Paranormal Memories (1 Viewer)

george mcfly

My Name Is Prince.
We all know that ghosts might not be real, BUT a lot of people have weird experiences or memories that are hard to explain.

When I was little Georgie I used to see shadow persons all the time. The clearest memory I have is that they would come in and stand at the end of my parents bed and just hang out for a bit and walk out again. There was always a group of them, at least for or five usually and all they did was stand at the bottom of the bed and look at me and my parents, who would be asleep at the time. So, this would happen all the time, I was never scared of them and this seemed like the most normal thing in the world. It's one of my earliest memories and I saw shadow persons for years, but as I got older I saw them less and less.

Could have been a dream, active imagination, any number of things but it's something weird that I remember happening that I can't explain. Anyone else have any weird unexplainable memories/experiences?

It's a neuro thing. Hallucinations are far more common in children than in adults. It's down to the developing brain being more plastic compared to an adult brain; it's making and breaking connections at a much higher rate and some of it is manifested as hallucinations. Most children grow out of it but there is an upper limit to what's normal, some hallucinations (whether it be the type, i.e. auditory versus visual, or the frequency) can be precursors of schizophrenia.

I remember I had some minor breakdown of night terrors as a kid where my brain went into overdrive and confused Lions with Lines and depending where I was looking at my bed I either saw Lions roaring at me or differently coloured dancing lines. urgh.

If we're talking irrational childhood fears:
The carpet is water and Jaws is waiting to get you. Minimal steps need to get on the bed as quickly as possible. Can't leave limbs outside the covers for fear of them being bitten off.

I'm fine now.

It's a neuro thing. Hallucinations are far more common in children than in adults. It's down to the developing brain being more plastic compared to an adult brain; it's making and breaking connections at a much higher rate and some of it is manifested as hallucinations. Most children grow out of it but there is an upper limit to what's normal, some hallucinations (whether it be the type, i.e. auditory versus visual, or the frequency) can be precursors of schizophrenia.

Could you explain how come the shadow people have come back then?
:(

add a defensive line of little teddies around the edge of the mattress for extra protection
this is a thing

1SpAN_large_verge_medium_landscape.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back