Palestine (1 Viewer)

Bt0tHDvCEAAstDI.jpg:large

I see the BBC has removed one of it's leading Middle East correspondents from Gaza - Jeremy Bowen. He had reported that he had not seen any evidence that Hamas was using Palestinians as human shields. That of course contradicts Nethanyahus assertion that they were.

Israel complained about Bowens report so they removed him.

BuJRZtzCcAAl4ZQ.png

New Statesman | Jeremy Bowen's Gaza notebook: I saw no evidence of Hamas using Palestinians as human shields

head+slam+into+wall.+its+pretty+much+in+the+title_fb940a_3773160.gif

I see the BBC has removed one of it's leading Middle East correspondents from Gaza - Jeremy Bowen. He had reported that he had not seen any evidence that Hamas was using Palestinians as human shields. That of course contradicts Nethanyahus assertion that they were.

BuJRZtzCcAAl4ZQ.png

New Statesman | Jeremy Bowen's Gaza notebook: I saw no evidence of Hamas using Palestinians as human shields

Few spotted Bowen's own explanation, posted on Friday. When asked why he'd stopped tweeting, he replied "because I'm on holiday".
BBC News - #BBCtrending: Jeremy Bowen and the Twitter conspiracy

BuJRZtzCcAAl4ZQ.png

So basically

BBC : Here's the news.

Isreal : Your news is wrong

BBC : Okay sorry.

If North Korea had tried that there'd be sanctions.

Great article This is the Dead Land, this is Cactus Land: What if the Children Dying in Gaza were Jews?

Excerpt:

As reported by MSN, CNN reporter Diana Magnay was removed from Gaza because:

"Magnay was reporting live on the air as a group watched the Israeli bombardment of Gaza around her. After the report was over, she wrote on Twitter: ‘Israelis on hill above Sderot cheer as bombs land on #gaza; threaten to 'destroy our car if I say a word wrong.' Scum.’ CNN said in a statement Friday that Magnay was referring specifically to those who threatened her. CNN said the network and Magnay are sorry if anyone was offended. The network said Magnay has been reassigned to Moscow.”

If the people on the hill above her had been Arabs cheering on a Palestinian artillery battery hammering Jews, would Ms. Magnay have been reassigned to Moscow for calling those who threatened her ‘scum’? Unlikely.

So true...

I think the injustice of the situation is well-established.

Is there any hope?

I think we all understand the broad outline of a plan that could work - back to the 67 borders, stop the settlements, give the Palestinians East Jerusalem.

Can't say I see Israel having any political will for doing this, peacemakers there are considered treasonous.

Shit's gonna play on and on.

I'd like to be reassigned to Moscow but that's neither here nor there.

If the BDS movement continues to gain ground Israel will have to give way, I think this latest bout of fighting has proven/will prove to be a phyrric victory, a lot of people who previously weren't that bothered are starting to realise what exactly the Israeli army gets up to and what the establishment is like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back