Palestine is sitll the Issue (1 Viewer)

Speed Racer

Website
www.c64.com
Who saw the documentary last night? I'm aware I mentioned it in the general area by mistake but, c'mon, it really made me sick to see how it all started, with US help. Treating Palestinians in the exact same way as the Nazis treated them. Have they no conscience. The Greedy fucks (Israeli Government/military that is). I can't believe the rest of the world, UN etc haven't stopped Israel yet.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Haven't seen it yet but I did tape so I'll watch it tonight. it is pretty surprising how a race which has suffered so much persecution and cruelty throughout it's history can inflict such torment on antoher race. I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is the same as the Nazis treatment of the Jews but it is repugnant.

Here's some links you might be interested in
an archive of articles

more Pilger articles

This site has hundreds of articles on just about everything
http://www.zmag.org/

Originally posted by flashpants
I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is the same as the Nazis treatment of the Jews but it is repugnant.

You will when you watch the documentary. Sickening it was. Really.

Originally posted by flashpants
it is pretty surprising how a race which has suffered so much persecution and cruelty throughout it's history can inflict such torment on antoher race. I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is the same as the Nazis treatment of the Jews but it is repugnant.

That sounds like the irish, we flead this country from persecution and went to america to kill the natives and all around the world to trade and own slaves. Irish refugeees, history's greatest hypocrites.

That documentary was pretty brutal. The bit where they were breaking the prisoners arms with rocks....jaysus. But I think your exxagerating a little to say it compares to Nazi genocide Speedracer

Originally posted by Dan
The bit where they were breaking the prisoners arms with rocks....jaysus. But I think your exxagerating a little to say it compares to Nazi genocide Speedracer

I'm not. The Israeli Army and Government are treating the Palestinians as a lower form of life. Thats what the Nazi's did. Ok so they haven't fried 6 million of them in Gas chambers etc. That's because they know they are being watched. Everytime they invade a town with their army they kill 50 to 100 civilians. That's called State Terrorism. They (soldiers, generals) are not reprimanded for it. It is completely brushed under the carpet by the Israeli government. But the Israeli's are trying to make the entire Palestinian race of people extinct! Taking 80% of their land and killing them on the sly. Arresting them and torturing them when they feel like, by throwing away their ID cards at checkpoints. They have too much power. Like the Nazis.

Where you not seeing this in the Documentary last night? Did you see the look on the Israeli ministers face as he lied and denied everything as he was put on the spot? Playing word games and creating technicalties coz he knew an intelligent, well read man was on to him.

are yee mad

the palestinians live in the lap of luxury-did you not see the israeli soldier having a play-fight with the prisoner using a hammer-what affection

also-they edited out a bit where around 100 palestinians were sitting on these steps in the sunshine all eating mcdonalds ice-cream caramel sundaes..

if thats not luxury i dunno what is.

Re: are yee mad

Originally posted by micro_chainsaw

also-they edited out a bit where around 100 palestinians were sitting on these steps in the sunshine all eating mcdonalds ice-cream caramel sundaes..

He's deranged. I find it so amusing sometimes. Really. I can't help it.

By the way Flashpants Thanks for the links to those articles. They were really interesting. Also a little frustrating, when you realise that no one really knows about these things. And all you hear from the Yanks on the news, is the pursuit of truth, freedom, and justice. Ugh...

i didn;'t see the documentary but i'v eread alot of press about this (both pro-israel and pro-palestine)

i feel that what israel is doing to the palestinian people is very wrong, like hitler with the jewish people, the israeli's are mis-treating the palestinian people harshly

i'm pro palestine but i don't personally agree with the attacs on israeli civilians, they ar einoocent. maybe the palestinians should vconcentrat etheir efforts on military buildings like checkpoints and othe rstuff

the exiling of 2 palestinian were wrong and it kind of reminds me of what the british did witht heir convicts in the past

my one main question when it comes to israel is:

what would happen if the arab nations did successfully destory the israeli state, what would happen to the jewish people, will the arab's copy what mthe nazi did to the jewish people or what?

Lawdy, Israeli treatment of Palestinians is excessive, repulsive, humiliating, and (obviously)racist. It's awful that various Israeli administrations have so faithfully regurgitated the lessons of their former masters--nazi germany, britain, the us. Blair saddlin' up with bush lesser seemed painfully expected. The Glorious Imperials will ride their steeds into a stinking, fossil-fuel choked sunset. Our mass media here is so irretrevably broken, a constant commercial from "Big Oil and War Brokers, Inc., est. 1776. Kneel before our holy flag, r'are ya a commie, er, uh, terrorist?" Y'all can gimme stick for it--it's good craic--but you can understand some bit of why I wanna live in Ireland full time so madly. For all the downsides to EU mem., at least I'm hoping the EU will FULLY and loudly oppose any more unwarranted idiocy against Palestinians, Iraqi children, Afghanistan, and all of Islam and other brown people... Of course, I'm also interested in how you lot in the republic view the idea of Israel/Palestine±the 6 counties business. I myself study irish history agus ta cupla focal gaeilge agam, so maybe my attention on it isn't average--most americans think or are led to believe things about the north that are pretty factually distorted. No big shock, more than half of people can't name the capitol city of an adjoining state! (btw, for me, boise, salem, and juneau)But, y'know, what are your feelings as to parallels, most of you being in the republic I take it? Is this a really impolite question to ask? Gabh mo leithsceil le do thoil if it is. And correct my gaeilge if it needs it:p

Originally posted by IFF
what would happen if the arab nations did successfully destory the israeli state, what would happen to the jewish people, will the arab's copy what the nazi did to the jewish people or what

Em ... IFF, perhaps I'm taking you up wrong on this, but your post seems to imply that if you don't like what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians then you automatically support the destruction of the Jewish state.
If you intended to imply that, then I must disagree with you very strongly sir

Originally posted by egg_

Em ... IFF, perhaps I'm taking you up wrong on this, but your post seems to imply that if you don't like what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians then you automatically support the destruction of the Jewish state.
If you intended to imply that, then I must disagree with you very strongly sir

I don't think IFF was making an anti-semetic remark at all. It was a what if? What I find silly is him asking why the Palestinians don't start building their own miliatery posts? Answer: Because they are fucking broke. They can't afford dirt or shovels almost. All they have are a few bags with their belongings inside.

Originally posted by IFF

my one main question when it comes to israel is:

what would happen if the arab nations did successfully destory the israeli state, what would happen to the jewish people, will the arab's copy what mthe nazi did to the jewish people or what?

I don't think there is any question of the Arabs states destroying Israel. They weren't able to in the 60s and 70s when they actually ganged up and went to war with Israel. Israel is an awful lot stronger militarily now then. The majority of the Arab states just want peace in the region, for Israel to give the illegally occupied land back to the Palestinians and to let the Palestinians govern themselves. Doesn't sound too much to ask from the Israelis, does it.

flashpants:
the main reason israel has won the wars against the arab nations was due to the excellent work of possibly the best intelligence service in the world, the moussad (arab sounding, no?)

i do doubt that the arab nations will suucced ever in their attempts to destroy israel due mainly to their intelligence service but also the support of the american govt. and the british govt.

egg_:

i can totally see where you are coming from there. my oppinions weren't meant to be anti-semetic but i do feel they can come across as anti-semitic

i'm not anti-semetic

i even refrain from using the word "jew" as i personally feel that the word "jew" is a racist slur towards people of the faith of Judaism

i did not get to see the documentary last night ,i forgot it was on and am now kicking meself.

all you pro palestinians should check out a palestinian poet called mahmoud darwish ,he is fantastic.my favourite poem by him is called "the earth is closing on us".

one of my favourite books is pity the nation by robert fisk ,it is about the war in lebanon.it is not a happy read at all - the chapters on the massacres at sabra and chatila and qana are quite gruesome.however i would recommend it to anybody interested in the middle east.

Originally posted by IFF
egg_:

i can totally see where you are coming from there. my oppinions weren't meant to be anti-semetic but i do feel they can come across as anti-semitic

Shit.
That's not what I meant at all.
What I was getting at was that you seemed to be presenting what's going on in Palestine/Israel as a conflict where someone is either on one side or the other, where a person must choose either the Israelis or the Palestinians as the good guys. That's what I disagree with, cos it's dangerous thinking. Didn't mean to appear to be accusing you of bigotry

Originally posted by egg_

Shit.
That's not what I meant at all.
What I was getting at was that you seemed to be presenting what's going on in Palestine/Israel as a conflict where someone is either on one side or the other, where a person must choose either the Israelis or the Palestinians as the good guys. That's what I disagree with, cos it's dangerous thinking. Didn't mean to appear to be accusing you of bigotry

I agee there Egg. SpiritualTramp up there said something about taking the Palestinians side. I'd like to think of the whole issue as a peace issue. As in wanting peace for the region. Not as a War issue, goodies vs baddies. I think the Israeli's are very wrong for stealing a country and making thousands homeless. But I definitely don't agree with suicide bombing unleashed on innocent people.

Originally posted by Speed Racer

i think the Israeli's are very wrong for stealing a country and making thousands homeless. But I definitely don't agree with suicide bombing unleashed on innocent people.

i deffinately agree with that. that was what i was trying to say but then again i'm not the best at using words

egg_:

you are right there are no goodies in this and both sides have commited wrongs and in will do in the forseeable future

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back