Oxfam Home (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
We found the Oxfam Home shop on Francis Street yesterday while fooling ourselves we could afford something in one of the antique shops. It's great!

ok, it's on Francis Street and it does furniture. Some if it is Bad-Landlordsville but a lot is like stuff from your granny's place at crazy prices. eg: huge sideboard "radiogramme" for €45. We were going to get a granny style sideboard/dressing table/what do you call it for €150 but it wouldn't fit in the car. I'll be going back with my hearse stlye car.

oh and while we were in there that red haired bloke from the McDonald's Mural came in. He looks excatly like the picture.

ace, have they any 50's stuff? Specifically those circular mirrors surrounded by white painted curlicues? God I love them.

Anthony said:
ok, it's on Francis Street and it does furniture. Some if it is Bad-Landlordsville but a lot is like stuff from your granny's place at crazy prices. eg: huge sideboard "radiogramme" for €45. We were going to get a granny style sideboard/dressing table/what do you call it for €150 but it wouldn't fit in the car. I'll be going back with my hearse stlye car.

oh and while we were in there that red haired bloke from the McDonald's Mural came in. He looks excatly like the picture.

My brother in Berlin got most of his living room furniture in antique shops around where he lives, and like so many things, it's cheaper over there. Their JUNK is cheaper. But, anyways, he found the most amazing thing a while back. It's like a record player stereo build into a sideboard unit. Bought 4 feet long and 3 ft high, and raised off the ground. Mint condition, beautiful lacquered oak. Speakers built in in long strips along the top and bottom lengths of the unit. Two sliding cupboard doors at the front with the record player on one side, behind one of the doors. Brilliant sound, and when he got it, the original receipt was still inside sitting alongside the record player - dating from the 1950s. He could tell from the needle that it hadn't been used.

How much? 50 bleedin quid.

I would kill for a proper Danish 50's sideboard but we don't have the space. Sigh.

roxy said:
It's like a record player stereo build into a sideboard unit. Bought 4 feet long and 3 ft high, and raised off the ground. Mint condition, beautiful lacquered oak. Speakers built in in long strips along the top and bottom lengths of the unit. Two sliding cupboard doors at the front with the record player on one side, behind one of the doors. Brilliant sound, and when he got it, the original receipt was still inside sitting alongside the record player - dating from the 1950s.

Didn't everyone have a radiogram in their living room when they were growing up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back