Oxegen descent into anarchy? (1 Viewer)

here that article has a link to this thread!!
"thumped users discuss the decent into chaos"
someone save this thread before the hired goons come in..

OXEGEN IS A MESS.

g-stereotypical said:
here that article has a link to this thread!!
"thumped users discuss the decent into chaos"
someone save this thread before the hired goons come in..

OXEGEN IS A MESS.

EEP!!

Re: Boards.ie Criticisms of Oxegen removed

GORILLAMUNCH said:
now that is fucked up

boards are a bunch of fags though
and it's not like that's never happened here

potentially more hassle than it's worth i guess

personally speaking all of this makes me rrreeeaaalllyyy look forward to the relaunch of the new MCD funded Phantom...

"and here's the news, exciting, happy, fun, yet safe and ordered, time had at wonderful, super, special, Oxegen festival, fans rejoiced and celebrated our glorious leader Denis Desmond and his infinite wisdom... in other news evil communist Aiken promotors festival cum death camp Electric Picnic is predicted to be not as good as superb, amazing, Oxegen festival..."

When did people in Ireland begin to use the word 'pikey'? Fuckin Snatch.

Cop on

Originally Posted by GORILLAMUNCH
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

great tymes

yes, they'd want to very careful not to launch MCD fm. When they were broadcasting weekends it was heading that way.

we'll see, chin up Pete etc.

Pantone247 said:
personally speaking all of this makes me rrreeeaaalllyyy look forward to the relaunch of the new MCD funded Phantom...

"and here's the news, exciting, happy, fun, yet safe and ordered, time had at wonderful, super, special, Oxegen festival, fans rejoiced and celebrated our glorious leader Denis Desmond and his infinite wisdom... in other news evil communist Aiken promotors festival cum death camp Electric Picnic is predicted to be not as good as superb, amazing, Oxegen festival..."

Nothin personal lads, but thats just bollox. Please excuse the language. Im not going to (yet again) get into the whole sell out argument thing here but just to clarify regarding the temp broadcasts, we had sponsorship from MCD, Aikens and numerous Independent promoters and bands. Thats the way it will continue to be.

To assert anything else, without any evidence at all, is just lazy.

And yes, Denis is one of several investors in Phantom FM but its not "MCD funded". Its funded by all its investors and will be funded by advertisers, sponsors and all the usual stuff that goes on with funding a commercial radio station. Make your judgements based on what you hear when we go on the air and not some baseless prejudgement.

Pete Reed

Pete Reed said:
Make your judgements based on what you hear when we go on the air and not some baseless prejudgement.

Pete Reed

if they don't assert an influence then it's ok, surely.

Pete Reed said:
Nothin personal lads, but thats just bollox. Please excuse the language. Im not going to (yet again) get into the whole sell out argument thing here but just to clarify regarding the temp broadcasts, we had sponsorship from MCD, Aikens and numerous Independent promoters and bands. Thats the way it will continue to be.

To assert anything else, without any evidence at all, is just lazy.

And yes, Denis is one of several investors in Phantom FM but its not "MCD funded". Its funded by all its investors and will be funded by advertisers, sponsors and all the usual stuff that goes on with funding a commercial radio station. Make your judgements based on what you hear when we go on the air and not some baseless prejudgement.

Pete Reed
WELL GET ON WITH IT!!! BETTER HAVE A HARD ROCK SLOT TOO. THE AMOUNT OF WEAK WOBBLY LITTLE EFFORTS AROUND....MAN..... THEY NEED TO HEAR RAINBOW 'RISING'.

THERE'S NO BALLS. I'LL WAIT TILL I GIVE YOURS A SQUEEZE BEFORE I TELL YOU HOW LUMPY THEY ARE.

ALLAHQUAAANNNDOOO!!!

Pete Reed said:

I'm not having a go at phantom or your good self Pete, and to be fair there was a dose of humour and tounge firmly in cheek when I posted what I said

but at the same time MCD's, occasional, forays into bully boy tactics, allegedlly suing journalists, newspapers using their weight to have threads on boards.ie to be closed (as documented here) frankly scare the pants of me...

Personally I hope you do manage to continue to do the good work Phantom has done in the past, I look forward to tuning in

Pantone247 said:
but at the same time MCD's, occasional, forays into bully boy tactics, allegedlly suing journalists, newspapers using their weight to have threads on boards.ie to be closed (as documented here) frankly scare the pants of me...

I think most of the world agree that an out of control concert promoter is a very scary thing indeed.

pete said:
why would they?
because mcd are a pleasant large corporation with the peoples best needs at interest. the oxegen festival did not contain any hooliganism. some compared the loved-up atmosphere of oxegen to the popular woodstock festivals of yesteryear. mcd have been receiving thank-you letters and oversized novelty bunnies these last few weeks. mcd wishes you a nice day.

(gun held to back)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back