• Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 3

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
I'm looking for an overdrive pedal to stick in between my guitar and the front of my amp..I assume thats where they're supposed to go.Thats where I always put them anyway.

I currently have a Marshall Jackhammer and it sounds cool but theres too many knobs

I just want something thats gonna sound cool,a nice bitta roar..not fizzy or fuzzy and is cheap as chips with 3 knobs on it.

Am I looking for a Boss Super Overdrive or what?

What have you got?

I'm playing through a clean amp just on the point of break up.
Have a Boss Blues Driver for a tiny bit more dirt for heavier songs or as a boost when on the clean.
Before the Blues Driver I have a Turbo Rat for noisier bits, or for a boost when the blues driver is on.

also have a fuzz face clone that I've never got the hang of at loud volumes.

Im currently trying to shift some stuff to fund a mini Tube Screamer and/or a Fulltone OCD.

I use the RAT or the amps OD channel for metal chugs.

Thats exactly what I'm trying to do..gain up high on the clean channel and drive it into goodness with a bitta front end overdrive.

I was looking at youtubes of the Blues Driver earlier..could be just what I'm after

Having said all that..I've been jamming out just with the amps gain all day and its by no means insufficient ..I'm just in an exploratory mood.

My mind is open to change

Last edited:
I *adore* my modded blues driver, it's permanently turned on.

Never found a distortion I've been happy with though, mainly cos default tone is heavy on the bass and treble, with no mids, any distortion pedal meeting that just turns to mud

I actually use it to tame my amp more than anything. Helps with a little extra sustain too.
Never would have used fizzy to describe it.
I tried mine again after reading this.

Distortion almost fully down and gain up and it did a good job actually...was able to dial in just enough treble whilst still keeping the pickups a good distance from the strings to avoid ice picking my skull off.I was able to get a good sound..although just a tiny bit on the roundy side.But usuable

Am I looking for a Boss Super Overdrive or what?

Yup, it's great and works really with a Marshall type amp. i had a Keeley modified one which i should never have sold. Can sound thin with a Fender amp though.

Others to look at are the MXR Distortion+, EHX Soul Food, Digitech Bad Monkey and Nobels odr-1, all of which can be had for mad cheap, even brand new. The Nobels in particular is great, I much prefer it to a Tube Screamer.

I'm using a Klon clone for this type of thing but have to say I love a modded SD1 or even a regular one. Also love one knob boosts for this purpose.

Do you still have that Mooster Super hard on clone I made? That should work great too but maybe a little bright.

I'm using a Klon clone for this type of thing but have to say I love a modded SD1 or even a regular one. Also love one knob boosts for this purpose.

Do you still have that Mooster Super hard on clone I made? That should work great too but maybe a little bright.
Aww I actually gave you that back a while ago I remember.I wasn't using it..didn't need it at the time.

But in hindsight..yeah that woulda been pretty ideal cos its something with a bit of brightness I'm needing

Wonder what happened to it, I don't have it here anymore but I do think I remember ya giving it back to alright.

I bought a Second hand xotic bb preamp last year. It's the most I have ever paid for a single pedal (150). I still think, (with the right amp) preamp overdrive is better than any pedal. I use a small 2 channel combo (Laney LC30 mk1) and I really like the overdrive channel. The boost/overdive pedal just adds extra sustain & grit.

Last edited:
Sold some gear to afford a Fulltone OCD. Jammed with it twice with the lads and loving it so far. Giving me exactly what I wanted. Loads more body than the bluesdriver, helping me play with a lot more confidence on a couple of guitar heavy songs. I've turned the distortion way down on the RAT now as well so it is more of a vol boost on top of the OCD.

Noticed it was a bit noisy last night when engaged but the guitar wasn't being played. Hopefully just down to being daisy chained.

fuck sakes. i googled 'noisy ocd' and people have been posting all sorts of mad problems with them. the internet, she slaps and soothes. at least i fixed my car last month via googlefu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back