Other Voices (1 Viewer)

The money was resting in his account.

Other V back then was a totally different beast. There were fewer acts, and one venue. Nothing like the current incarnation. We were paid decently as i recall.

Lads, four stars, sauna, singalongs with the Handsome Family. Booze. Dinners. Phew. Quite the weekend. But there was the show, and that was it. There was no other activity on. It was lovely. No it's essentially a festival.

Anyway, that was our lick of the brass ring. Man, we licked that baby.

I just looked at all of this stuff. Hilary put her head above the parapet and it's surprising to see that she got at least as much shite as support. She's 100% right. Lisa Hannigan's contribution was particularly useless...really disappointing. Can't she support her friends in Other Voices without needing to whitewash the entire music industry with her "well MY experience was" comment? It marginalises Hilary, and therefore helps marginalise anyone who would attempt to stand up for themselves and defend their paltry income from gigs.
Hilary was clear and honest with her tweet, and the couple of hundred tweets on the topic since then is a load of balls and double bollocks.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As it happens, I did Other Voices many years ago and had the exact same experience as @Dip and @Vinnie except in place of Handsome Family it was Mark Lanegan. And in the interest of clarity I sometimes play drums with Hilary but haven't spoken to her since this popped up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back