Other Voices (1 Viewer)

Jeff Goldblum on Other Voices

pile_of_shit.gif

I think point 4 is my favourite.

To be honest this might just be una maloola doing some christmas trolling.

I think point 4 is my favourite.

A friend of mine, who is a journo, and not a sap, said this was her first time not going in 5 years.

Someone else I know got really annoyed at me a few years back when I said that I'd always felt that OV is really an event for media people.

I haven't watched the show in years, I wonder are all the bands still mixed terribly and regardless of quality still sound like utter dogshit.

A friend of mine, who is a journo, and not a sap, said this was her first time not going in 5 years.

Someone else I know got really annoyed at me a few years back when I said that I'd always felt that OV is really an event for media people.

I haven't watched the show in years, I wonder are all the bands still mixed terribly and regardless of quality still sound like utter dogshit.
why did she not go this year?

Episode 1 April 12th, RTÉ2 10:50pm

Damien Rice to feature in the first episode.

Acclaimed music series set along the Wild Atlantic Way, Other Voices returns for its thirteenth season and will be aired on Irish national broadcaster RTÉ2 television.

In Episode 1, Damien Rice returns with his long awaited new album My Favourite Faded Fantasy, almost 8 years in the making. Also featured in the first programme of Series 13 are UK three-piece, All We Are, and the soulful singer-songrwriter Joseph Lyons who plies his craft as Eaves. Newcomers Cloud Castle Lake will be in the IMRO Other Room and, from the Other Voices archives; a look back at Anna Calvi's performance in St. James' Church, Dingle.

Series 13 is presented by Aidan Gillen (well known for his roles in Game of Thrones, Charlie, The Wire) and, for the first time, is joined by Huw Stephens. The Welsh presenter is best known for his weeknight slots on BBC Radio 1.

Philip King, founder of Other Voices, said

"It’s great to be back in Dingle for a thirteenth year. This series is the strongest so far with some wonderful music from Damien Rice, Jessie Ware, Young Fathers, Walking On Cars and Ibeyi amongst many others."

Other Voices is renowned for introducing new artists and bands, interviewing established performers in an in-depth way and providing a platform for unique performances. It has wide viewership in major Irish tourist markets.

As with previous series, Other Voices Season 13 will feature one-off performances, intimate acoustic sessions and interviews with well known artists including Damien Rice, Jessie Ware, Wild Beasts, Jape, Delorentos, King Creosote; platform emerging acts like Young Fathers (Mercury Prize Winners), Ibeyi, Walking on Cars, All We Are, The Lost Brothers and introduce new artists, Eaves, Wyvern Lingo, Buke & Gase, August Wells, Join Me In The Pines, Kormac’s Big Band and Melanie De Biasio.

Each episode will dip into the archive and pick out a highlight from previous shows. The IMRO Other Room returns with the focus as always on Irish acts poised for great things.

Other Voices is supported by RTÉ, FáilteIreland, the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht and IMRO.

QUOTE FROM EPISODE 1:

Damien Rice talking to Huw Stephens about making his new album My Favourite Faded Fantasy: “It works differently every time I think, and this time round the thing that I'm relieved about, or the thing that I'm really grateful for and excited about is the fact that I can't wait to get in the studio and start the next one...”

:: OTHER VOICES 13 - BROADCAST SCHEDULE 2015 :: :: RTÉ2 – 10.50pm ::

Episode 1 – April 12th
Damien Rice
All We Are
Eaves
Cloud Castle Lake (IMRO Other Room)
From the archives Anna Calvi

Episode 2 - April 19th
Jessie Ware
Delorentos
Jape
Rusangano Family (IMRO Other Room)
From the archives John Grant & Conor O’ Brien

Episode 3 - April 26th
Ibeyi
Walking On Cars
Join Me in the Pines
Booka Band (IMRO Other Room)
From the archives James Vincent McMorrow
Episode 4 – May 3rd
The Lost Brothers
King Creosote
Kormac’s Big Band
Somerville (IMRO Other Room)
From the archives The National

Episode 5 - May 10th
Wild Beasts
Melanie De Biasio
Wyvern Lingo
Staring at Lakes (IMRO Other Room)
From the archives East India Youth

Episode 6 - May 17th
Young Fathers
Buke & Gase
August Wells
Ye Vagabonds (IMRO Other Room)
From the archive: The XX

eir Announces Sponsorship of Other Voices Festival

The Other Voices Festival is one of Ireland’s most dynamic and respected music festivals

Ireland’s largest telecommunications company, eir, is coming on board as principal sponsor of the festival providing vital technical support

eir fibre broadband will enable intimate performances to be streamed and shared

KERRY, IRELAND - Monday, 27th June 2016: At a special event in Dingle, Co. Kerry, eir today announced that it has come on board as the principal sponsor of the 2016 eir Other Voices Festival, which will take place in December.

Commenting on the announcement, Jon Florsheim, Managing Director, eir Consumer, said: “The eir Other Voices Festival holds a special place in the heart of all those who love music. Over the years it has played an important role when it comes to fostering and showcasing talent from Ireland and overseas, including household names such as Hozier and Amy Winehouse. The line-up this year will be exceptional, with native talent Rusangano Family confirmed to perform and many more exciting acts to be announced. From an eir perspective, we decided to become involved as it allows us be part of something big; something very exciting. People want to share great content and that’s always our motivation, no matter what sponsorship we’re involved with”.

eir has invested €24m in rolling out its fibre broadband network across county Kerry and local stakeholders were today invited to learn more about the rollout programme. The arrival of eir fibre broadband in Dingle will accelerate the transformation of the local economy through high speed internet access. At the eir Other Voices Festival, the eir partnership will be utilised to bring high quality live streaming of performances to national and international audiences as exclusive content is shared on social platforms.

The eir Other Voices Festival, Ireland’s best small festival, is a unique event, often referred to as a 'musical pilgrimage', where audiences and performers alike flock to the beautiful town of Dingle in the midst of winter.

Founder of eir Other Voices Festival, Philip King, today welcomed the partnership. “Over the past 14 years of the Festival, we have been privileged to bear witness to spectacular performances from The National, Ellie Goulding, Villagers to Damien Rice, Little Simz, Jessie Ware, The XX, Lisa Hannigan and Rufus Wainwright. We have always lacked good quality high speed broadband and often we had to drive during the festival weekend to Tralee to upload content. Now through this partnership and the revolutionary technological expertise of eir, we can reach out to a larger audience than ever before enabling them to enjoy moments of musical history as they are made. We are bringing people from around the world to the intimate setting of St. James’ Church.”

The eir Other Voices Festival will take place from Friday, 2nd – Sunday, 4 December and full details can be found at www.othervoices.ie.

This is the (current hate) context?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back