One off job offer while on job seekers allowance (1 Viewer)

Went into local office on Monday, had an assessment today and registered as a casual worker as I'm doing one day a week. Due to get first payment Tuesday week, which is kinda shit but not as bad as GARYXKNIFEDX's experience above.

Went into local office on Monday, had an assessment today and registered as a casual worker as I'm doing one day a week. Due to get first payment Tuesday week, which is kinda shit but not as bad as GARYXKNIFEDX's experience above.

Keep a close eye on how much you get,especially around bank holidays etc. I used to get messed around a lot with that. Lots of being short because there was a bank holiday and having to go down and remind them of my working days/hours etc.

I've just remembered one of the better story's of how stupid they were in that office(and possibly others).

Remember they went on strike a few years back? I had to sign on on that day,everyone said I didn't need to go to the office because no one would be there,but I went down just to be sure and it was shut. Next week,I don't get a payment. Straight to the office to ask why,they look up on the computer and say they have no record of me signing on,I pointed out the date and got a blank look for a response. I had to tell remind he was on strike. I did get my payment the following week,but no apology and no suggestion of any help or what to do for money in the meantime.

Well I was meant to get first payment yesterday. No sign, but I did get a threatening letter saying I was paid €18 I wasn't entitled to. Turns out they ballsed up where to send my cheque and didn't inform me. I'll (fingers crossed) get my first payment next Wednesday, only 23 days after signing on. It's gonna be a fun week. :(

And they weren't able to tell me how long the cheque would talk to clear after I receive it and lodge it. I would have been better off lying and saying I was fully unemployed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back