One off job offer while on job seekers allowance (1 Viewer)

jickolas

I have been offered one days work through an extras agency- the pay is very good (over 2k for one day)

I want to be above board with the JSA but does this mean they will cut off my JSA because the pay is very high? I have never gotten work through this agency before, and told the social welfare a year ago when I joined the agency.

I dont want to not declare work while receiving benefits- I just wanted to ask if anyone knows what will happen to my payments. Will tey cut them off for a while to the amount of what Im paid for the job? or eill they say I have to go into the 'self employed' category (which Ive heard is a nightmare on the dole)

its highly unlikely Ill ever get another offer like this, so Its not like im 'going self employed' so to speak.

any advice appreciated

Go in and explain that you're working one day or whatever, they'll put you on to casual work register. Don't tell them that your getting 2k because to be honest it's very doubtful you'll get that much. In any extra work I've done I've never heard of that size payment. You'll sign on for the days you don't work and get a cheque in the door. You are not self employed so don't even entertain that thought.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch is what I'm saying. If you tell them you're getting 2k and then don't they sure as fuck won't care and where will you be then ? up shit creek without a paddle mate innit ?

not being funny, but just ring them up tomorrow and ask.

Back in the old days the system used to be a lot simpler - as long as you were fit for work, available for work & genuinely seeking work each day, Monday to Saturday, you got paid; you could do what the hell you wanted on Sunday). People working regular / semi-regular days here and there were classified as 'Casual' workers and got paid for days they weren't working. I don't recall anyone ever asking about how much you were paid.

Things have been made a lot more complicated since then, so yeah - just ring up and ask them hypothetically, or tell them up front you've had an offer, or just ask anonymously.

not being funny, but just ring them up tomorrow and ask.

Back in the old days the system used to be a lot simpler - as long as you were fit for work, available for work & genuinely seeking work each day, Monday to Saturday, you got paid; you could do what the hell you wanted on Sunday). People working regular / semi-regular days here and there were classified as 'Casual' workers and got paid for days they weren't working. I don't recall anyone ever asking about how much you were paid.

Things have been made a lot more complicated since then, so yeah - just ring up and ask them hypothetically, or tell them up front you've had an offer, or just ask anonymously.

Go in, don't bother ringing they will not answer.

thanks for the replies, tis all a bit of a minefield- I dont wanna go behind their backs but I also dont wanna get penalised permanently for one days work!

- if you go on casual do you not have to tell them how much you are earning from the part time work? or get the job to sign a form each week saying you have or havent worked? cant see an extras agency being mad up for that kind of hassle

thanks for the replies, tis all a bit of a minefield- I dont wanna go behind their backs but I also dont wanna get penalised permanently for one days work!

- if you go on casual do you not have to tell them how much you are earning from the part time work? or get the job to sign a form each week saying you have or havent worked? cant see an extras agency being mad up for that kind of hassle

No you get a card you put an X for the days you didn't work and an O for the days you did. I think they do a calculation of how much you earn and how much is deducted per day but as far as I know it's run on a weekly basis so even if you earned 2 grand in one day you'd still get the dole the next week. AFAIK anyway.

But like Pete and i said get in touch with them. yeah and show them this thread.

Does it depend on the area? I got it automatically and picked up my first dole in a matter of days when I signed on in Donegal

I've heard a few people saying they've really go their act together in that department. It used to be a nightmare of bureaucracy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back