Old Ladies Go To Jail for being TOTALLY RAD (1 Viewer)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
Two elderly women who painted anti-Iraq war slogans on a court building have been jailed at Edinburgh Sheriff Court after refusing alternative punishment.
"Helen John, 70, of West Yorkshire, and Georgina Smith, 78, from Argyll, were sentenced 40 and 45 days respectively for malicious mischief.
The pair refused to pay a fine or undertake community service to avoid prison for their Remembrance Day crime. Sheriff Richard McFarlane said: "This was clearly premeditated."

John, a council member of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND), and Smith daubed slogans including "No Star Wars" and "Ban Cluster Bombs" on the High Court in Edinburgh's Lawnmarket in November 2006.
The black painted graffiti cost £3,595 to remove. The pensioners, who have protested together for 25 years, were arrested after a passer-by reported them to police. They did not deny painting slogans such as "£76bn for genocide" but argued that they had not broken the law as it was a legitimate way to protest. The pair, who have previous convictions, had previously said they were prepared to go to jail for their actions. They were also ordered to pay £1,500 each in compensation. John told the sheriff: "I still don't consider I have committed any crime."
The women waved and said goodbye to a small number of supporters as they were led out of the dock to the cells."

They're in their 70s, they've been protest buddies for 25 years. They refused an alternative punishment!

Sherrif Richard McFarlane seems to have cleared things up though.

I bet they used their best handwriting for their slogans.
If they're anything like my Granny they would have added 'XXX OOO' at the end. It means kisses and orgasms.

Wouldn't it be awful if they dropped the soap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back