OLD JOY (1 Viewer)

Osama Van Halen

DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP. IT'S ALRIGHT. IN THE WAY THAT HAVIN' A COUPLE OF CANS WITH A FRIEND, NOT TALKIN' MUCH AND NOTHIN' REMOTELY EXCITING HAPPENING IS ALRIGHT.

THE WRITER MUST HAVE FORGOTTEN TO HAND IN A SCRIPT AND THEY JUST WENT AHEAD AND FILMED SOMETHING ANYWAY.

PEOPLE FALLING ASLEEP ALL OVER THE PLACE IN THE CINEMA TOO...

YAWNAQUAAANNNNNDO!!!

ah shit. i went and got my hopes up. oldham is made for being in front of a camera. hairy beast. id love to go for cans with him.
sure ill check it out for meself.
thanks for the heads up osama.

I saw this last night and liked it. It's quite relaxing to watch and will oldham can actually act. It seems to be missing about 20 minutes in the middle of the fim where something actually develops in their friendship but otherwise, not a bad way to spend 76 minutes.

IFI kept us waiting about 15 minutes for some gay lecture to finish and then started the film while we were all still on our way into the cinema. So boo-urns to that.

I saw this last night and liked it. It's quite relaxing to watch and will oldham can actually act. It seems to be missing about 20 minutes in the middle of the film where something actually develops in their friendship but otherwise, not a bad way to spend 76 minutes.

Yeah, it seem to have a part missing. A crucial segment. But I liked it. It feels even shoter than it is.
I am a sucker for this nothing happens type film.

John-out-of-Stoat! Could it be? Better go and see this

p.s. Listening to Final Fantasy's song "This lamb sells condos". Oh. I wish I had written this impossibly lovely song

The guy in the film is a ringer for John-out-of-stoat.

I must check out some final fantasy - anyone know where I could find a copy of 'He Poos Clouds'?

I enjoyed it. It's just one of those meditative mood pieces, and no more than I was expecting really. I thought Oldham was quite watchable, but there was no real weight to their relationship and the film just drifts lazily by. Maybe that was the intention, that nothing is really said or resolved. It's certainly not 'achingly beautiful' as the press release says (aside from YLT's very pretty soundtrack) but it's a well-made vignette and not as boring as some reviews I've read led me to believe.

Really wanted a can and a spliff while watching it so one for the home cinema I reckon. Finishes Thursday.

Have to agree, but then I generally tend to like films where nothing much happens but they look/ sound pretty. Was also gaggin' for a beer at the end.

Did you notice the note at the end saying that in real life the hot springs don't allow nudity or alcohol? Pah, that's no fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back