Oculus Rift & VR stuff (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 74
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 1
Related:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

no i've stuck with the android ones - i could probably make the 6+ fit but the cardboard back won't close properly and i don't want to damage my expensive VR goggles...

I had a go on the Occulus a few weeks ago and despite the low resolution (and the fact that it was an abstract tech demo / interactive thingy and not a game) it was still very impressive. It was a modified version that also took in the environment around you in real life, so when you held up your own flesh and blood hands they appeared moving, accurately tracked, in the virtual world too. Mind melting.

NO COMMENT

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's one of these in the gaff I just moved in to.
It's fucking bananas.

Did the roller coaster, some haunted house nonsense and a few music video type thingies.
Pretty Fucking deadly

€700? FUCK THAT.

Probably the biggest pieces of "evidence" leading people to expect a lower price for the Rift were the prices Oculus itself charged for its Rift development kits. The $300 DK1, funded by a wildly successful Kickstarter in 2012, and the $350 second dev kit (DK2) offered up in 2014, taught many consumers that it was possible to deliver decent (if not consumer quality) virtual reality for prices much lower than $599.

These "dev kits" weren't exactly ultra-niche products for a handful of lucky developers, either—Oculus sold over 175,000 of the kits as of last summer.

VR sticker shock: How Oculus failed to prepare the world for a $599 Rift

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back