[Oct 4, 2014] Retro Revival w/ THE #1s + ME & MY DOG + GMG & NORTHERN DRONES (Dublin) (1 Viewer)

Primitive

Retro Revival presents
The #1s + Me & My Dog + GMG + more
Sweeneys Bar, Dame St. Dublin
Doors 9pm. Adm: €5

Having Sold Out the Bello Bar last month for the launch of their debut album "Heartsmash", The #1s return to the Retro Revival on Sat Oct 4th. Support on the night comes from Me and My Dog & GMG. "Heartsmash" has been receiving awesome reviews from the likes of Pitchfork, VICE & The Last Mixed Tape & the first press on Vinyl has already sold out. Check out the reviews below & come see why everyone is raving about THE NUMBER ONES on Sat Oct 4th, Sweeneys Bar

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

REVIEWS: THE NUMBERS ONES - HEARTSMASH

But great power-pop is sweet and sour at the same time, an alchemy of new hormones and old souls. The #1s know this in their bones, and their album is a master class in that eternal truth. It zings and zooms with all the pop-art spunk of a pub wall papered in cut-up comic books: faded and tattered but still fantastically bright. PITCHFORK
The #1s: The Number Ones | Album Reviews | Pitchfork

Dublin band The #1s are definitely power pop too, but more fall in line with bands like The Exploding Hearts or Buzzcocks; they're punk-inflected, uber-catchy and totally repeatable. Their song "heartsmash"? Fuck, it rules. VICE
The #1s Don't Have a #1 Yet but "heartsmash," Streaming Now, Should Be Yours | NOISEY

However, the #1s deftly walk this line with confidence, rarely faltering, resulting in a stellar first L.P. that works as an impressively direct introduction to the band. THE LAST MIX TAPE
The #1s – The Number Ones | The Last Mixed Tape

vK8gqu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back