[Oct 18, 2015] The Bellfuries (Dublin) (1 Viewer)

tiki paul

Ubangi Stomp Club Presents
THE BELLFURIES
with special guests
THE SABREJETS

Tickets 20 euro from www.tickets.ie

Ubangi Stomp Club have long been fans of this band and are thrilled to present TheBellfuries to Ireland for their debut exclusive Irish performance.​
From their adopted home of Austin, TX, The Bellfuries debut release “Just Plain Lonesome” is considered a modern classic by hard-core rockabilly audiences around the world. A handful of cover songs--learned from Webb Pierce, Dion, and Sam Cooke--tell much about their listening habits at the time. With an original songbook distilling Hank Williams heartbreak and Beatles melody, driven home by Joey’s virtuosic singing and stripped-down instrumental backing, this album burst onto the scene and refused to leave the hearts of all who heard it.
They are now touring to promote their latest album "Workingmans Bellfuries", recorded at HiStyle Studios Chicago, produced by Jimmy Sutton.
JD McPherson has this to say about the band - "I want to tell the world about the Bellfuries; I've often said they're my favorite band. The vocals and music are so incredibly sharp and moving, full of exemplary song craft, devastating guitar work, and timeless cool. I'll always be their biggest fan."
Belfast rockers The Sabrejets will open the show.

bellfuriesposterfinal_zpsestcgehs.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back