O EMPEROR, SONS OF NOEL AND ADRIAN + ALESSI'S ARK, Upstairs@Whelan's, Jan 16th (1 Viewer)

whelanslive

www.whelanslive.com presents
O EMPEROR
SONS OF NOEL AND ADRIAN
+ ALESSI'S ARK

Upstairs@Whelan’s, Saturday 16th January, Doors 8pm
Tickets €15available from Ticket.ie, Ticketmaster outlets and WaV Box Office [lo-call 1890 200 078].

Whelanslive.com proudly present three of the most exciting acts in the UK and Ireland, O Emperor, Sons of Noel and Adrian & Alessi’s Ark. All three acts will embark together on an 11 date Ireland and UK tour this coming January including a date at Upstairs@Whelan’s on January 16th. Tickets for the gig are €15 available from Ticket.ie, Ticketmaster outlets and WaV Box Office [lo-call 1890 200 078].

///////////////////////////

O EMPEROR

www.myspace.com/oemperorofficial

A majestic name for an imperious band. Hailing from Waterford, O Emperor have orchestrated a multi layered, multi faceted sound that betrays their tender years and that, with one giant leap, puts them at the forefront of our brightest talent.

Undertaking all the production duties themselves, the band have created Po, a debut single that ploughs a supremely confident furrow between classic American harmonic pop and the best of British alternative music since the 80's; think Grizzly Bear or The Beach Boys locked in a cupboard with Radiohead or The Cure and you're not quite there.

The industry buzz around the band has manifested itself with a slew of radio sessions and national TV appearances, culminating with an invitation to appear on the much-vaunted Other Voices live TV program with The xx, Florence and the Machine and Richard Hawley amongst others.

“Beautifully polished songs, many of which should already be stamped ‘classic-in-waiting’ each seems to come complete with great verses, hummable choruses and gorgeous harmonies. Why can’t all bands be this instantly lovable? O Emperor are already different class” - STATE.IE

Sons of Noel and Adrian

www.myspace.com/sonsofnoelandadrian

Sons of Noel and Adrian is an twelve piece avant garde folk ensemble featuring members of
cover stars Lightspeed Champion, Shoreline, flavour of the month The Miserable Rich, chart
toppers Hope of the States (RIP) and the current Radio 2 'record the week' The Leisure Society.

The band had a great 2008, playing End of the Road festival, The Big Chill and Moseley Folk
Festival as well as high profile headline shows at The Union Chapel and Bardens Boudoir. The debut album came out on Californian label Shelsmusic to great reviews (DrownedinSound.com called it a "truly inspirational… an intensely vivid journey into a discordantly beautiful world" and BBC 6music DJ's Gideon Coe and Tom Robinson have recently been playing the album a lot.

The debut album sold out its first pressing so it was re-released early in 2009 and the band also released a new EP and split 7" with Mumford and Sons around the same time. They ended 2009 as special guest to Laura Marling and Efterklang in London.

Alessi’s Ark

www.myspace.com/alessisark

To avoid confusion with the music act the Alessi Brothers, her mother suggested calling herself Alessi's Ark: "I liked the idea of a boat, where everybody is welcome, even friends that are geographically far away – we are together.”

Representatives from record labels Heavenly Records and EMI soon saw her performing and offered her a deal. On the eve of her 17th birthday she signed to Virgin Records, a division of EMI. Asked who her dream producer would be for her debut, Laurent-Marke said Mike Mogis, producer of Rilo Kiley and member of Bright Eyes. She met up with him in London after a Bright Eyes show at the Shepherd's Bush Empire in early 2008: "I gave him some fanzines and some demos and I liked him straight away. I mean, I was very nervous but he’s a very special man and very likeminded so I felt quite at ease." Mogis agreed to work with her that September and she travelled to Nebraska to record the album at Mogis' and Conor Oberst's studio in Omaha.

The resulting album, Notes From The Treehouse, was released in May, 2009, featuring full band versions of some of the songs from her Bedroom Bound EP, as well as newer compositions such as The Dog and Hummingbird. The album also featured many musicians that inspired her to begin making music including Jake Bellows of Neva Dinova and Nate Walcott from Bright Eyes.

Following the release of the album, Alessi's Ark continued to play live around the UK and also played support to a diverse range of artists such as Laura Marling, Mariee Sioux, Emilíana Torrini and Cerys Matthews, as well as playing the Bandstand stage at Neil Young's Hyde Park show in London in June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back