NTL / UPC / Virgin Media Broadband (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 513
  • Views 66K
  • Watchers 11
Work on upgrading its broadband network to full fibre will begin in early 2022 and is expected to take three years to complete. Virgin Media said it had already successfully piloted a fibre upgrade of 500 premises, delivering speeds of up to 10Gbps.

Nice... be nicer if it has respectable upload speeds too... Very much first world problems territory I know, but "only" having 50Mbps up on a 1Gbps down connection is a bit unbalanced.

can't remember what thread we were using last week to talk about BB.

anyway I got a letter from VM today saying they're upping my bill by 2 euro per room (for multiroom TV) from July. Thats the straw that breaks the camel's back. I rang the Eir lad and he's coming around later. Gonna go for the 1MB line and multi-room TV. That will be 75 euro per month for 2 years. I'll likely cancel the TV in due course but want to try it out.

Cancelled.

I was waiting on the TV boxes to come from Eir. 2 shiny brand new AppleTV boxes arrived in the post this morning. Took 5 minutes to set up and everything looks good.

I called VM to cancel and was told I was in a wait queue of 20 mins. Then I looked at the letter they sent about the price change (as per my previous post) and there was a URL where you can cancel online. I logged in and was able to cancel the entire account immediately. This from the people who made you wait hours in the past to get through to their cancellations departments who only worked 5 minutes a month (*may not be true - also may have been UPC rather than VM).

I'll switch us from Three to Eir mobile tomorrow. One thing at a time.

Our vodafone broadband was €x for 12 months. Recently we went over 12 months and the bill went up. Of course I forgot all about the deal and rang up giving out shite, "we'll go back to virgin" etc. They straight away put us on a special deal price.
I never thought I'd be one of those.

Our vodafone broadband was €x for 12 months. Recently we went over 12 months and the bill went up. Of course I forgot all about the deal and rang up giving out shite, "we'll go back to virgin" etc. They straight away put us on a special deal price.
I never thought I'd be one of those.

I was one of those last yea and the nice lady said 'sorry, sure we'll probably talk to you again in a years time when you can avail of the intro rate again'
FFS

I'm just amazed we've got 2Gb broadband available since SOME OF US are old enough to have gotten on the internets with a 14.4k modem.

I'm also old enough to have been "online" with a 1200/75 modem hanging off the back of a Commodore 64 in the mid-late 1980s. That 1200bits per second down = .0000012Gb and 75bps up = .000000075Gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back