NTL / UPC / Virgin Media Broadband (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 513
  • Views 66K
  • Watchers 11
A few times a week I pull down 30-40 gigs of server backups. It's now almost practical for me to grab a full image of the server - you wouldn't be doing that every day, but it's doable in an emergency.

Duh, i just realised i'm also with them as they were UPC. Must look into getting the upgrade. Do you need to horizon box?

no i don't think so - they shipped out a new LiteOn router even though i have the horizon one

cheers, pete, those free upgrades that used to pop up from time to time must be a thing of the past now. don't watch enough tellybox to pay more for horizon and get the upgrade....

cheers, pete, those free upgrades that used to pop up from time to time must be a thing of the past now. don't watch enough tellybox to pay more for horizon and get the upgrade....

They ship out a separate liteon router for the 360mb, instead of using the one built into the horizon box which doesn't support the higher speeds available with the newer version of the docsis standard or whatever. So in other words you should be able to upgrade your phone & broadband bundle.

VDGpUwh.png

I have UPC in my new gaff but I'm at the opposite end of the house to where the router is and the signal is a bit shit - youtube is glitchy. Is having a usb wireless receiver at the end of a 5m usb cable likely to make it a bit crapper than no cable? Are some wireless receivers better than others? There isn't enough space under the doors for a network cable...

Wouldn't hurt to try but the general consensus with the new UPC boxes are that they're pretty poor. (of course, you might have an old one, a pre-UPC horizon one).

So far the new liteon router seems worse for wifi range than the horizon box, but i haven't really tested it properly yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back