Not no flies on me. Flies on me! (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Fucking sick of them. Any advice on safe, easy(ish) ways to get rid of them?

We thought it was us, but we washed us, and us is still attracting them flies. Had a big spider upstairs, spider refuse to catch flies, the bastard, so spider go squish. Stupid spider. Smart spider build web downstairs, where flies live. Smarter spider no come in my house. Hate spiders more than flies, but flies stupid annoying me.

Flies=problem. Make flies go. Please. Flies are bad tickle.

02.jpg

its one of them sticky yokes the flies get stuck to and die on. hang a few up to attract them.

or get a mother in law - haha, remember that fosters ad? "gotta ave samthin ta keep the floys off me fostaz"

ah now Jane! surely they have fly-paper in America? Sure and it was probably developed as a way to trap burrowing viet-king originally

[FONT=arial, helvetica, homerton]This may be of help to you, perhaps you can adapt it to your present situation:

There was an old woman who swallowed a cow,
I don't know how she swallowed a cow!
She swallowed the cow to catch the goat,
She swallowed the goat to catch the dog,
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat,
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird,
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider,
That wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her,
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly,
I don't know why she swallowed the fly,
Perhaps she'll die.

A word of warning though: do not attempt to use a horse
[/FONT]

There’s a noise that you can make that keeps them away. I’m sure you can get it on the net, loop it and play it. It won’t kill the flies if you’re worried about that, it’ll just piss them off.
It’s beyond the threshold of what humans can hear, so its grand.

In civilised countries, they broadcast it on national radio so you can just tune it in.

is it true that back in the days when computer games (and presumably other computer stuff) came on cassettes the pirates would play the cassettes on their pirate radio stations and people would tape it off the radio?

nah, the CTR is:

show them this thread (followed by Johnnystress's casual racist emoticon)

run around with your mouth open. I find when I do that outdoors they gravitate towards my mouth, into my mouth, and down my throat, thus making an absolute mockery of my vegetarianism. I think they do it on purpose though.

Does anyone know the nutritional value of flies? What the RDA is, etc?

we have a plugin thing (for the wall, not for the computer) that you can set to either electromagnetic or ultrasonic and it supposedly keeps the little feckers away. there are two bluebottles whizzing happily round the lamp at the moment though.

on the subject of domestic problems, I have lost the cat's dish.

run around with your mouth open. I find when I do that outdoors they gravitate towards my mouth, into my mouth, and down my throat, thus making an absolute mockery of my vegetarianism. I think they do it on purpose though.

Does anyone know the nutritional value of flies? What the RDA is, etc?

this works best on a bike. cycle around yer gaff, jane.

I have neither a bike nor a hoover (we don't have any carpets, so we're just gonna get a dustbuster thingy), but I do have a fairly loud "nnnnnnngggggghhhhh".

Does flypaper actually work? I've never used it. Never had a fly problem this bad before.

I could sing some really annoying songs I made up. When we were on holidays, I was belting one of them out in the shower, and when I came out, Mr Jane had his headphones on, and he said it was by far the single most annoying thing I'd ever done, ever.

Maybe if I just try to be more annoying than the flies, they'll go. Like I'll keep landing on their feet when they're trying to watch Judging Amy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back