Northern Ireland (1 Viewer)

On the general topic of UI, i kinda think it'd take about twenty years of slow and patient progress. I don't think SF getting north and south majority is more than a weather report of feeling.

On the whole environmental/resource/long term view all island syncronisation rather than a fake dual market based on currencies is a more sustainable long term.

Would down here have to vote in a border poll too? Honestly the only reason I might vote yes for unification is cos the poor oul northern Fenians might be sad if we said we didn't want them
apparently so, but not because of the GFA.

This explains it well StackPath

we'd need a referendum for constitution changes that would arise from the border poll in the north

It is going to need a very strong vote in the north before your average Irish man and woman would be arsed with the extra hassle I reckon. The public down here are absolutely not going to be up for a change of flag etc.

I reckon we are while away from part 1 at least.

A functioning Stormont with a nationalist majority is required first.

It is going to need a very strong vote in the north before your average Irish man and woman would be arsed with the extra hassle I reckon. The public down here are absolutely not going to be up for a change of flag etc.

I reckon we are while away from part 1 at least.

A functioning Stormont with a nationalist majority is required first.

there's unfortunately something of the oxymoron about that

"Mind your business paddy" I would say perfectly sums the average Brit's attitude to northern Ireland.
The unionists are deluding themselves if think they are seen as British in the UK.

They're particularly good at destroying any cache of goodwill they might develop. Shooting themselves in the foot is their national pastime.

The English, that is.

Yessss! Fucking put them in their place, I fully support "England out of the UK", and then the north out of the UK via the Northern Independence Party, then the independent Cornish peninsula launching, then let Londoners fight it out with the home counties, break it all apart brick by brick. Goodbye Britain, sunset on the empire forever.

Certainly my neck of the woods would secede given the chance. It's been talked about.

And it has happened in London before:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back