NoMeansNo - Wrong (1989) (1 Viewer)

Thats like saying if the Dead Kennedys sounded like Nomeanssno and Nomeansno sounded like the Dead Kennedys then they'd sound alike. When the reality is they don't .

Thats like saying if the Dead Kennedys sounded like Nomeanssno and Nomeansno sounded like the Dead Kennedys then they'd sound alike. When the reality is they don't .

well there are only so many songs that can be sung with two lips two lungs and one tongue you know

But this is about HOW they are sung.
To me, they sound like they have taken "Holiday in Cambodia" as a template (and let's face it, it's not a bad place to start if you're getting a band together) but maybe it's one of those things where you're really into this genre and hear a world of differences between them whereas I'm not and I don't. NoMeansNo have a more modern production and their lyrics aren't as good but there's not a massive leap from one to the other in terms of overall sound when I listen to them.

But sure, keep telling me how one really influential punk band sounds nothing like a band they've very clearly influenced. They even have an album where Jello Biafra is on vocals, how much more direct about your influences can you be?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Melvins sound exactly like Dead Kennedys too,right? They also did a collaboration with Jello so they must.
And sure while we're at it,I can't really tell the difference between Anthrax and Public Enemy.

Melvins sound exactly like Dead Kennedys too,right? They also did a collaboration with Jello so they must.
And sure while we're at it,I can't really tell the difference between Anthrax and Public Enemy.
I can hear the Dead Kennedys in the Melvins (especially during the Atlantic years) but it's far more obvious with NoMeansNo.

First time I've ever heard either be compared to Dead Kennedys is this thread. But sure it must be that obvious.
I'll be sure not to have any subjective opinions about music that haven't been approved by you in future. It would be a shame to actually just listen to music and hear things in it that you might not necessarily agree with.

one of my favorite bands and albums

they announced retirement yesterday on their facebook page:
Greetings everybody,John here from NMN and with a heavy heart I must announce the retirement of No Means No.A hiatus became a long hiatus and a lingering hiatus has become a permanent one. Thirty-five years and countless miles, a couple thousand shows and many more beers, a bunch of tunes and sweaty hoards of great fans, I can't say thanks enough to everyone.I will continue to post here on our page about the Robots and future projects if and when they happen. Hoping to have the debut Compressorhead album out by next march so you have not heard the last of things yet.So cheers everyone! Raise a glass....xo

one of my favorite bands and albums

they announced retirement yesterday on their facebook page:
Greetings everybody,John here from NMN and with a heavy heart I must announce the retirement of No Means No.A hiatus became a long hiatus and a lingering hiatus has become a permanent one. Thirty-five years and countless miles, a couple thousand shows and many more beers, a bunch of tunes and sweaty hoards of great fans, I can't say thanks enough to everyone.I will continue to post here on our page about the Robots and future projects if and when they happen. Hoping to have the debut Compressorhead album out by next march so you have not heard the last of things yet.So cheers everyone! Raise a glass....xo

Ah shite!! Was hoping to catch them again at some stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back