noisecore/noisegrind thread! (1 Viewer)

nuke terrorist

Supporter
i've wanted to do one of these since i joined. i got into noisecore as far as i can remember in 1993. when i got a comp. tape of finnish bands which also included CRIPPLE BASTARDS from the guy who does this great noisecore discography site: www.cfprod.com/noisecore/noisecore.htm . after that i got the first two CRIPPLE BASTARDS 7"S one was a split 68 song effort with VIOLENT HEADACHE and ANAL CUNT-morbid florist and i was hooked. i think i've got most of the vinyl listed on mikko aspa's site mentioned above.but not so much the earlier stuff. the band i think began noisecore and grind too was BRIGADA DE ODIO FROM sao paulo brasil. they did an amazing split lp with OLHO SECO in 1985. it sounds similar to what swiss grinders FEAR OF GOD did a few years later and was reissued later on an OHLO SECO cd. they were definately before bands like REPULSION. following on from this bands like SEVEN MINUTES OF NAUSEA (melbourne), GEROGERIGEGEGE (toykio japan), SORE THROAT ( bradford ) and FEAR OF GOD ( zurich) cropped up playing very short bursts of abrupt distorted grind. as far as ANAL CUNT goes i really like their pre earache material and the first two lp's up to 1994 but after that they are just straight grind. they had no really stupid song titles until the late 1990's and the early pre 1993 material has no song titles and usually no lyrics. most noisecore bands tend to have social political lyrics over joke lyrics. particularly brasilian bands and bands from poorer countries. many bands do many demos sometimes without releasing any vinyl. while most types of DIY and noisy music have flourished over the past decade plus noisecore seemed to be getting less popular as the nineties progressed and a lot of people involved moved on to power electronics, grindcore and hardcore. but now it's time for a revival ! the blown out amps in rehearsal room recordings need to satisfy my noisecore fix again. there has been a few releases in recent years stil such as dutch greats CSMD, NOYFB ( from LA) , NAPALM SUCK, and evergreen brasilians NOISE and INDUSTRIAL HOLOCAUST. i also heard a good cd by D.O.S.A. who i think are indonesian. and there is is always a good crew of demo bands. i love old bands WBI, TUMOR, ARSE, AUNT MARY, STENCH OF CORPSE, WORLD , NIKU-DO- REI, early SENSELESS APOCALYPSE, NECROSE, DECHE CHARGE, old D.I.E, B.R.B, B.G.T. etc. but even a lot of grinders hate this stuff. if you don't let me know!

i approve the contence of this thread.
that is all.
.|..|

ps. pm skippy(sludgegrinder) he's a fair few bands of this style in his distro.

the locust are more what i would call technical emo violence stuff. their songs are short alright but the style and production which is slicker is very different. i don't like technical grind like DISCORDANCE AXIS and the hydrahead records stuff what so ever. the first time i heard of sludgegrinder was looking at the links page of bloodbath records (japanese grind and noise label) a few years ago. as i said i hate a lot of the techno grind stuff which has nothing to do with the stuff i mentioned.

re: The Gerogerigegege... "toyko anal dynamine" is the classic burst-of-guitar-noise stuff they have done. it is like almost all of their output absolutely ridiculous, but outragously hilarious in spirit. in a similar vein is Hanatarash(i), Eye from The Bordoms' project.
if you are at all into the "power electronics" type stuff, The Gerogerigegege's "yasukuni jinja" 7" single is one to check out, if you are into total abrasive noise stuff.

i 've got a GEROGERIGEGEGE cd called "recollections of primary masturbation" that has the tokyo anal dynamite recording and 338 songs in total of juntaro's 1-2-3-4 songs. it came out on a german label about 93/94 they also did a lot of 7"s outside japan of the 1-2-3-4 noisecore stuff. i was looking ebay which i have never used on monday and gero's "instruments disorder" cd went for $92 on it . crazy - i bought it for about £7.

i know, the prices are insane. the gero... must go down as one of the most peculiar bands i have come across (all potential innuendos in that sentence suitable). i presume you have heard the "senzuri" tracks? :rolleyes: they did however do a beautiful minimal ambient album called "none friendly" which is nothing like their other stuff which i just heard recently, just one very relaxing drone loop. opposite to the "one two three four BZZZZMMMZMZMZMZMM!!!!" stuff.

the genre name are ridiculous. despite the fact that i listen to most of the stuff mentionef here. The Locust are "technical emo violence"?? wtf?

the senzuri champion lp and senzuri metal action 7" are on that cd too. i have that 7" too. yeah juntaro done at least two ambient noise cd's i've heard none friendly. the label that did that cd did some good grind, noisecore and japanese noise stuff mink records i think that none friendly was the labels last release they only did about six records. psychomania label in scotland did the senzuri... 7" in 91/92. they did stuff like A.C., 7MINS OF NAUSEA, BUKA, PATARENI, cripple bastards and a load of other good grind/ noisecore stuff. the last GERO record i got was the split with CSMD 7" it's a recording of a seventies japanese lounge tom jones style singer in las vegas with no discernable input by the band! that came out in 2001 so i don't know anything since. if you know any labels etc. still selling GERO stuff let me know the only problem is you never know what side of the band juntaro is going to hit you with.

nuke terrorist said:
the senzuri champion lp and senzuri metal action 7" are on that cd too. i have that 7" too. yeah juntaro done at least two ambient noise cd's i've heard none friendly. the label that did that cd did some good grind, noisecore and japanese noise stuff mink records i think that none friendly was the labels last release they only did about six records. psychomania label in scotland did the senzuri... 7" in 91/92. they did stuff like A.C., 7MINS OF NAUSEA, BUKA, PATARENI, cripple bastards and a load of other good grind/ noisecore stuff. the last GERO record i got was the split with CSMD 7" it's a recording of a seventies japanese lounge tom jones style singer in las vegas with no discernable input by the band! that came out in 2001 so i don't know anything since. if you know any labels etc. still selling GERO stuff let me know the only problem is you never know what side of the band juntaro is going to hit you with.

i cant think of anywhere distributing or selling their stuff at the moment offhand (maybe rrr?) but if i see any i'll let you know. its true, if you are buying a gero... record without knowing about it you could get a recording of a homeless old man masturbating or some crappy synthpop thing lifted from another record. you are probably aware of it, but there is a good site here: www.artnotart.com/gero/ which has descriptions of almost all their releases.

yeah BRIAN i know the GERO site it's great. SEELAN i know the fecal matters site and came up with a load stuff i was going to order off it about january but i never got around to emailing the guy for postage and the address. i've heard WORMS name a few times probably from the site. however i'm not very computer literate and couldn't get get the tracks on your site to play probably the same reason i never emailed FM. i'll hopefully get around to ordering some stuff soon! thanks for letting me know.

why would you announce you are in a band like Worms!
some of the worst shit i've heard in a long time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back