Noel redding - R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

..damn shame.Just thinkin 'bout him last night whist watching "whithnail and I" bit where they head out from london in the jag and "all along the watch tower" was playing. Any bass player that kept up with hendrix had be deadly.:(

They ( Gerry Ryan ) was talking ( spouting shite ) about him on the radio this morning.
Seems he'd take it to simply piss off down the pub during recording if things weren't going well.
And people wonder why music was better in the old days.

Damn shame though, some of his stuff rooooled. Never got a penny, neither.

Yes, he'd been living in Clonakilty for a while, and playing nearly every Friday in his local pub. My youngfella made a pilgrimage down a few years ago, said he wasn't much good but bought him a pint anyway. He was going to go back down over Christmas, he's going to be kicking himself when he finds out. :(
Nearly as hard as I kicked myself for not going to that firemen's benefit in Acton Town Hall that turned out to be Joe Strummer's last gig....

Yep he lived in Clon alright, or to be more precise, a little hamlet called Ardfield. He was great to check out a couple of times, but he insisted on doing the same set over and over. About 2 years ago, he got a rush of blood to the head and started playing bass again (as opposed to rhythm guitar) and seriously rocked. Oh well, shit happens. Joe Strummer though, who could have seen that coming?

Originally posted by uncle_meat
Joe Strummer though, who could have seen that coming?
I know, I know, but Acton is only down the road from where I work, I didn't go 'cause I couldn't get anyone to go with me. I'm never going to let that put me off going to see a legend again.

Sorry to go off topic, but where did you get your sig?!

he was 57 i think, lived in clonakilty for the last 30 years or more.

real old hippy of a geezer, nice bloke tho'

I think he finally started seeing some mney from the hendrix estate oer the last few years when Hendrix's old man and sister finally won a court case against the label which meant Jimi's family saw some bread and so as a consequence did Redding and Mitch Mitchell.

Originally posted by Wicker
there's been no mention of how he died..
(he wasn't exactly old)

Great loss

He was fucked though. He didn't exaclty lead a healthy lifestyle and that'll catch up with anyone. He was only slightly more coherent than Ozzy Osbourne when he actually spoke.

Originally posted by uncle_meat
Its taken from 200 motels, Franks Zappas' motion picture during the song about 'Penis Dementia'. The delivery of the line is great.

most fucked film ever, it wrecked my head for weeks after watching it

all that shit with the burger and Ringo Starr and and and... oh too much...

'If his DICK is a MONSTER....' dehdehdeh dehhhh dehdeh

Yeah, I see what you mean. You need to be wide awake and alert, pfreferably the middle of the day, and have a huge pot of black coffee beside you to fully appreciate the darn thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back