no show (1 Viewer)

i wonder if they were ever meant to play in the first place, or was it just a great marketing ploy to get all those people to pay in to see Richie &co.
(i know no one was gaining, seen as it was for it was for charity and all) :)

i have to say i totally agree...the plan was to build up a load of hype about the gig...encourage people to go with the promise of a popular band who are playing with m.c.d. then when they show up tell them they're not playing but make them feel guilty if they wanna leave cos its for charity....my bet is that you're gonna blame it on m.c.d. saying they pulled it or something...i seriously doubt they were ever gonna be there in the first place..another suberb let down but who wasnt expecting it?

Well I'd like just to say thanks to everybody who did stay especially Steve and Paul who got up and filled in for the other special guests that then couldn't play. I had a real good time and we raised £300 for the Simon Community. After the stress of Cerberus Shoal it was a welcome breeze even if everything went arse ways as far as the special guests showing up. What better way to spend a rainy saturday afternoon?
But we haven't heard the full story, we had to ring Joan of Arse to ask them to ask the special guests if they were coming or not. So we just got a very brief answer from Joss.
Ah well we tried.

how typical of people around here.
not well done the kids for raising a few hundred for the simon community.
not well done paddy and richie for putting on really good shows. <best i've seen of both of you>
not well done steve fanagan and paul o'reilly for stepping in at the last minute on borrowed equipment.
no. just some stupid comments.
do you honestly think people care what either of you "reckon" ?
the kids WERE in contact with low. low WERE meant to be playing.
nobody knows <at the moment> why low pulled out.
as for you mr ruiner - i can only assume you're some comedy joker.
another superb let down? exactly how much money did you raise for chairty this weekend? lets not lose sight of the fact that the idea was to raise money for charity.
isnt it funny how people like MR Discoslut who wernt even at the gig were one of the first to post about it. no doubt you were too busy working in a soup kitchen.

I asked Alan from Low about it on Friday night in Cork and he said they wouldn't be able to play. He said he'd mailed Damien that day, but evidently Damien hadn't received the mail. The first he knew about Low not playing was when he called me Saturday at 1pm. I don't know what Low's reasons were, but they had a tough schedule and touring with an 8 month old baby can't be easy. We (Joan Of Arse) tried to get to Dublin in time to fill in and didn't make it. Thankfully Paul and Steve were able to. I understand that people must've been disappointed about Low's no show, but I really can't see what the Kids would have gleaned by pulling the wool over anyones eyes. Besides, they didn't.
They put a lot into trying to make this work out and raised £300 for the Simon Community. I don't think barbed comments are terribly appropriate.
For what it's worth.

if people went along to hear good music and raise money for charity, they succeeded in doing so.
if anyone went along to namedrop in a coupla years time that they were at a secret low gig, they failed (which, judging by the crowd and the general good vibe, i don't think anyone did)
the people who just stood back and criticized will, eh...probably go to hell or something.

well, i thought the best bit was the little kid shouting "who are you!?!" at richie "unflappable" egan, who coolly replied, "eh, i'm richie". much better than seeing low. maybe.

i had planned to reply to this thread will a long description of the all events that led up to last weeks low irish tour (because there's far more involved then simply the charity gig), but i'm not going to because :
1) low come out of my side of the story looking extremely bad indeed, and i haven't yet heard their side.
2) i don't care if anyone on this board who has posted above calls me a lier: i don't even care if they are convinced that the whole low thing was a setup. perhaps if it was someone who actually goes to independent/DIY gigs was calling my integrity into question, then i may feel compelled to justify myself.

as it stands, word will get round about what has happened eventually. you'll just have to wait a while.

I have to say that everyone that i talked to that was there seemed to have a great afternoon and there were no complaints. Its a pity low didnt show but im sure they have there reasons. anyway all i have to say is my heartiest thanks and congratulations to the kids (particlularly damo) and fuck the begrudgers ( who seemingly werent even at the gig)

hey :)

just to say (if any of the stuff above was aimed at me).. i didnt mean to begrudge anyone/thing. i think DIY/independent gigs are great. i think raising money for charities is great.

im sure the cobblestone was fantastic on saturday, and from what i heard it was. .. i was just saying it was bit funny that the band who had been so "Hyped" to play didnt turn up. that was all..

(and yeah... i wasn't able to go myself. And due to my own lack of charity i wasn't working in a soup kitchen :'( ... i was actually at a funeral, the second one i attended in two days)

..it just makes you think though, why people are so bitter to one another.. well i just want to say to everyone out there: "i love you"

so, Low couldn't play! its not the end of the world. at least the Kids tried to get them. the most important thing is that £300 was raised for charity. everyone seemed to have a good day and no-one complained. it would have been magic to have seen Low in such an intimate venue but unfortunately it couldn't happen. full credit to the Kids for trying :)
that "kid" who asked richie what his name was wasn't actually a kid, it was Nina Hynes........

aww man this is so sweet i love all this happy happy joy joy lovey stuff. Man we shoudl all live an existence on a farm together, come down to kildare, we can bond with the cows (time for a kenneth williams style oo-er)

but i luv u guys too, maaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

honestly, where did we get him.

and btw, it was a kid who shouted at richie. like, a real kid. a miniature human being. of maybe five or six. with a woolly hat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back