'No junk mail' (1 Viewer)

Diddles

Over the course of the last year I've had to drop leaflets around the local area and I've had several incidents with people who have 'no junk mail' on their letterboxes.

As far as I'm concerned I'm not delivering junk mail. Today I was dropping election leaflets as a favour to an independant candidate for the local elections. On previous occasions I've delivered information from the area action group about saving the local park from development.

Some fucker today reefed the door open and practically threw the leaflet in my face, he didn't even look at what it was so how could he establish wether it was junk or not?

A harridan down the road started ranting at me last year, asking 'could I not read' and saying she was going to report me (to whom I don't know) . I tried explaining what the leaflet was about but she was just losing the fucking head. I was eight months pregnant at the time. I started crying and had to go home. Every time I see her now I give her the evil eye.

Another bloke who gave out to me said he wouldn't accept anything that didn't have his name , address and a stamp on it. I explained that would be quite expensive and time consuming but he wouldn't listen.

It's the aggression I can't handle. You'd swear I fucked a firework through the letterbox. Why can't they just say no thank you?

I ended up skipping some houses today if they had 'the sign' and it looked like someone was in the gaff.

I'm not doing it anymore :(

Sorry Diddles, but you won't find many sympathizers. I live in a building with 5 other apartments and the amount of shit that piles up is phenomenal. We get the same dominos/fast food menus every other week, plus any other number of hire me/buy me/support me leaflets. It pretty much all goes straight into the green bin, including electorate information. No one is registered to vote in this area, and so well, no one cares. My Dad put up a no circulars sign a few months ago at my parents home and he hasn't been burdened with anything since. I think it's a pretty reasonable request, but I don't condone killing the messenger.

the aggression isn't cool and they're dicks for carrying on like that, but if someone takes the time to stick that shit on their house, you should know that they mean you!

election mail is even worse than classic junk mail...ads for politicians instead of kebabs, who'd want that?

As I said, it's the aggression from people. And if I knocked on every door and asked them would they take a leaflet, I'd be doing it all fucking day.

People being cunts about the leaflets I dropped last year really did my head in. How are you supposed to keep local people informed about their area if they won't accept material on the subject? They'd be even more fucking annoyed to find a block of apartments being built against their back wall.

you don't start on woman that are pregnant.

Doesn't matter what they are doing, you don't start on them.

There is a case for saying that all mail that has not got your name on it is junk mail. But that's not really the issue. If someone is eight months pregnant, you back down on the spot.

Fair play though.
My missus is eight months now, and she has a tough time walking down to the park and doing two laps of the pond.

dunno about that flashback.
this pregnant charity mugger tried to scam me at an airport once, being a sap i wrote down i'd give 5 euro for some sponsorship thing and gave her a tenner whereupon she tried to leg it without giving me the 5 euro change, then tried to pretend she didn't understand what i was saying, and pulled a big bitch face when i finally got her to give me my change. the bitch.
it's probably fair enough not to go around shoving pregnant women or picking fights with them but it's not anyone else's responsibility to mollycoddle someone who happens to be pregnant.

that story wasn't really anything to do with the rest of my post, just an incidental tale of a charity-pushing pregnant woman.

The answer is no.
Unless an eight month pregnant woman is starting on your eight month pregnant wife.

And then only maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back