Nico documenary on Radio 4 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Lolo
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 3
Nice one, that was cool. Just listened to it, while doing the ironing. There is something really calming about BBC 4.

I only really know her Velvets songs and the folky ones used in Royal Tenenbaums. I always think of Gweneth Paltrow when I hear her now!

Is her other solo stuff as doomy as it sounds?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

her solo stuff is amazing - the marble index and Desertshore are incredible, very doomy, not a bit like the chelsea girls stuff. i put on the marble index at a social gathering some years ago and a friend commented that it was very skulky music which i thought made sense. i always think of her skulking around now, singing her tunes in dark corners or under the stairs.

her solo stuff is amazing - the marble index and Desertshore are incredible, very doomy, not a bit like the chelsea girls stuff. i put on the marble index at a social gathering some years ago and a friend commented that it was very skulky music which i thought made sense. i always think of her skulking around now, singing her tunes in dark corners or under the stairs.

Skulky! I like it. I like lots of sad music, but tend to keep doomy at arm's length. I have the Marble Index somewhere. Must give it a shot.

The Nico 'Icon' documentary from 1995 is on Google Video:
[video=google;1831411354695127098]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1831411354695127098&ei=NfJjSe6uO4HaiALVzsHTDg&q=nico+icon&emb=1[/video]

Marble Index and Desertshore are amazing, I wouldn't find myself in the right mood for them that often though.

bbc 4 on LW

or all of them on the internet

You might be able to get them through your telly too if you have digital TV. The problem with Radio 4 on LW is that the normal programming gets nudged off by the cricket when it's on. Which is frequently.

The problem with Radio 4 on LW is that the normal programming gets nudged off by the cricket when it's on. Which is frequently.

Not a problem for me! There is something hypnotic about the cricket coverage on R4. It's like a day long shipping forecast!

Not a problem for me! There is something hypnotic about the cricket coverage on R4. It's like a day long shipping forecast!

I hear ye, it's very comforting - but annoying if you've been following a series. That's what the internet is for I guess!

this seems to have been re-issued recently.
nicbook.jpg

its wonderful:)

Shes good, but that concert of hers on that sky channel Rockworld is utter shite, on nearly every week. A pity

Is that the one that looks like it's shot on a camera phone and has an interview with her in her dressing room. Bought that one. Total waste of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back