nick cave at vicar street (1 Viewer)

palace

i haven't seen anyone talk about this... hence i got perfect 3rd row center tickets... anyone else going?

sounds like an interesting night to me... what with warren ellis and martyn casey providing backing music... and then (hopefully) a good few bad seeds numbers interspersed...

different is good... stopped going to normal gigs these days, especially ones you have to stand up at... must be getting old...

jaysus, knew nothing about this. not sure i'd be too into the reading part, but when he did vicar street before 'solo', it was a stripped back bad seeds (grinderman now that i think about it), and it wasn fan-fucking-tastic.

jaysus, knew nothing about this. not sure i'd be too into the reading part, but when he did vicar street before 'solo', it was a stripped back bad seeds (grinderman now that i think about it), and it wasn fan-fucking-tastic.

He's an outstanding showman.
Not sure I really need a Q&A though, you know?

that gig was amazing. fuckin' jack the ripper..........

I thought this would sell out instantly. I got seats at table 18 which is the centre of the second row.

This was so good. Even the spas trying to get books signed didn't ruin it. They were selling signed copies in the hallway anyway.

stopped going to normal gigs these days, especially ones you have to stand up at... must be getting old...

Speaking as a friend of the family..Rock'n'roll says goodbye.

aye indeed... this were fantastic... at least the music (at least 15 or 16 songs - full gig) and the reading ( 4 extracts that broke up the music nicely) was... the conversation part didn't work too well... a bit of an irony that those who want to be heard the most are always those that have nothing to say...

Agreed. I was sat behind the couple who got their t-shirts signed...after which they bleated into their mobiles for the rest of the show (even during 'Into My Arms').

Enjoyable show. Warren Ellis on percussion?! Class.

Warren Ellis provided much unexpected comic relief.

The man has no sense of rhythm whatsoever.

He's like a cross between Rasputin the Mad Monk and Animal from the Muppets.

Hilarious.

he was certainly struggling a bit with one snare and a hi-hat...

love cave on the grand piano though... so nothing can really detract from that... solo version of mercy seat was brilliant... but a bit dissapointed in do you love me part 2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back