Nialler9 Hates Trad People (1 Viewer)

He was slaggin' some band's photoshoot pics a few years ago. I was like, WOT ABOUT YER OWN M8.

Blog looks woeful. Just playing into the fashion, syncing up with what the fashion is already producing - evermore ephemerality and futile hubris. Music already has that built in contextually, so why not augment it even more by writing about it on an asinine blog!

The writing is weak, lacks any style or any merit. It's just highlighting stuff that's already visible, and acting like it's opened your eyes to some deep fucking secret!

What is the fucking point of a blog???

If you have a deep knowledge on some niche area of music, and you can write in an engaging, amusing, hell even creative way about music, then maybe set up a blog.

Someone like Byron Coley who has that deep interest in the weird underbelly of indie music and writes in an engaging manner about it. Yeah, I'd read a blog from someone like that.

Too many lightweight, pitchfork heads setting up bullshit blogs playing into the "fashion" adding ever more reductive, divisive, downright idiotic "musical journalist" parlance to an increasingly meaningless cultural discourse.

To conclude, if you have no discernible talent, set up a blog!

I've been pretty curious recently how far we are from Spotify using AI to replace music writing, especially at the press release copy/paste level.

I've been pretty curious recently how far we are from Spotify using AI to replace music writing, especially at the press release copy/paste level.
I'd say we're not too far off AI writing the music and writing the criticism, allowing humans to exist at the level of pure consumerism. Each just need one human at administrator level to ensure the more racist/plagiarist bits are not released.

Last time I looked Nialler9 doesn't do music criticism anymore? It's just a news website with the occasional interview and advertising for 'curated' events? I don't mean that cynically, he/they're just going to where the money is, Nialler9 was never about the writing.

I'd say we're not too far off AI writing the music and writing the criticism, allowing humans to exist at the level of pure consumerism. Each just need one human at administrator level to ensure the more racist/plagiarist bits are not released.

on that note, here's a robot writing poetry based on a person's biometrics

Eververse

on that note, here's a robot writing poetry based on a person's biometrics

Eververse
Yeah I've been following some of the recent AI writing poetry stuff. Not sure what to make of it all. It's completely meaningless beyond the gimmick of it.

Like, don't get me wrong, tell me it was by a person and sure i'll be fooled but so what?

That's why I think criticism is next. This belief that there is a right answer, a most correct take, that can be found through the correct use of art and criticism is very powerful these days. If i say the right think you will find me on the "right side of history."

Frankly I welcome our new robot criticism overlords, if that's what people are looking for then give it to them and wall them off with it. All the interesting stuff is happening elsewhere anyway.

Yeah I've been following some of the recent AI writing poetry stuff. Not sure what to make of it all. It's completely meaningless beyond the gimmick of it.

Like, don't get me wrong, tell me it was by a person and sure i'll be fooled but so what?

I suspect they are the precursor to the AI lyricists who'll be churning out zombie elvis/prince/whitney/chuck berry/2pac albums in a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back