Nialler9 Hates Trad People (1 Viewer)

Si Schroeder's Coping Mechanisms was Nialler Nein's first album of the year. The reward? He put the entire thing up on his website for free streaming. Thanks, dude! Expewsure!
I remember that. Si was being interviewed on phantom one day around that time. He was congratulated for winning the 'Nialler9 Album of The Year', to which he replied, 'Oh great, Whose Nialler9?'. I LOL'd

i actually thought fair fucks to the guy sending the email. But then I have a slight distrust of people working in PR.

The more i'm exposed to it, the more i think the current PR model is awfully destructive. The result here seems to be that if you aren't either using a PR person or emulating one, then it will be figured in the value of the music. Thats an awful way to be working on a tiny island.

Is that guy a music "writer"? If so, he needs a good talking to about semi-colon usage.

Last time i saw a copy of the ticket was 2 years ago in my old job, because they got the Irish times delivered on account. Their circulation numbers are bound to be pure shite.

Last time i saw a copy of the ticket was 2 years ago in my old job, because they got the Irish times delivered on account. Their circulation numbers are bound to be pure shite.

Yeah, it's been ages for me. There was a time when I'd make a point of buying the Times on a Friday for it.

yep, same. Haven't bought the irish times for a couple of years. I'd scan the ticket online every friday to see what albums they're reviewing but it certainly lost a lot of relevance for me.

From what I gather, they're dropping the columns those people write so, but the ticket continues.

I wonder if that means they won't be handing out their Electric Picnic editions this year, given that those people were largely responsible for the reviews.

The film and album reviews are no longer in The Ticket as it comes with the Saturday paper (used to be the Friday one). I buy the IT every Saturday and sometimes Friday. I was just thinking last week that The Ticket was very good last weekend ... or at least had a bunch of things I was interested in (Rob Doyle writing about Mark Fisher, a piece by Ian Maleney, something else I can't quite remember now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back