New Weezer (2 Viewers)

hahhaha, I don't read reviews of bands I like until I've heard the album.
I got my email telling me the CD is on the way. I'm looking forward to it. Wish I was going to London at the weekend.

Hey it's been a year since the last weezer album... another one must be on the way

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They just surprise "dropped" a very faithful covers album, "Teal", a month before they're next proper album "black", comes out. I've listened to most of it. It's like Africa, one listen and you're done type of stuff.
I assume they know what they're doing.

Covers albums are really only interesting to the band themselves aren't they?

Metallica - Garage Inc. Long and boring.
Fish - Songs From The Mirror. Who cares.
etc

Those Bryan Ferry albums.

and when an artist is a singer rather than a songwriter.

Yer man from Yo LaTengo's lo-fi Prince covers album is good but I would think that .

They just surprise "dropped" a very faithful covers album, "Teal", a month before they're next proper album "black", comes out. I've listened to most of it. It's like Africa, one listen and you're done type of stuff.
I assume they know what they're doing.

I like it.

Link: Did somebody say they love covers?

00116bf3-800.jpg

Just gave this a proper blast very loud. Some of it is good (tears for fears song), some just terrible (billie jean). I wonder it Pat was even involved in this?

Their ability to mimic the originals is commendable if completely redundant. I enjoyed it insofar as I enjoy the originals and they added a little extra distortion here and there. Also I like River's voice.

They'll cover the blue album next.

Rememeber those pointless Top of the Pops records that didn't have the original versions of the songs? That Weezer covers one is like a awful version of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back