new SWANS (1 Viewer)

It's a good but it just sounds like a Gira solo tune, I don't see the point in putting the Swans name to it although the rest of the album might merit it. It'll be cool to hear some of the older stuff live though.

Does anybody know 100% what the deal is with this?
Because of Swans are actually back from the dead I might actually cry with joy.

fuck..the official Swans myspace has been changed to "SWANS ARE NOT DEAD".

Well it's official they are definitely back

Michael Gira said:
COMING SOON, NEW SWANS ALBUM AND TOUR(S)
The song “Jim” recently added to the playlist is an acoustic demo (solo at home)
recording by michael gira. this, and many other new songs recorded in the same way comprise many of the new (rough versions) of songs under consideration,
to be fleshed out on the coming new swans album. a cd of these acoustic versions, as well as a live (2 shows) dvd of m.gira will be for sale very soon as a hand made (by gira) package called I Am Not Insane (CD/DVD). this package – in a limited edition of 1000 - will be sold in order to raise money for the swans recordings/offset the huge costs involved... check back here or at http://younggodrecords.com for ordering details and more information...coming soon...coming soon...

principal players on the swans album are (and there will be many special guests):

Michael Gira / gtr / voice / mendicant friar act (original swans)

Norman Westberg – Guitar (original swans)

Christophj Hahn – Guitar (mid period swans and most angels)

Phil Puleo – Drums, percussion, dulcimer etc etc (final swans tour and most angels)

Chris Pravdica – Bass and gadgets (flux information sciences / services/ gunga din)

Thor Harris, Drums, percussion, vibes, dulcimer, curios, etc etc... (angels, now also with shearwater)

Angels Of Light is temporarily on hold while gira pursues his “new” project...

Chris Pravdica – Bass and gadgets (flux information sciences / services/ gunga din)

I have a flux information sciences cdr I got at one of their gigs.

I thought I was the only person in the world to have heard of them.

Great news. As much as I love Angels of Light I love SWANS more

To finally hear some pre 86 Swans track live would be incredible.
If anything their last two proper releases Soundtracks For The Blind and The Great Annihilator were among their best work. Here's hoping the new album lives up. Although given how good all Gira's post Swans work is I don't think there should be any doubt that it will.

I don't know any of his post Swans stuff - recommend anything in particular?

Jeez, start with Body Lovers / Body Haters and Angels Of Light. If you dig that just go to Young God records and start picking up the more obscure stuff.
Oh and check out Michael Gira - Drainland too (not post Swans but amazing album)

Beware though - there's a lot of stuff and some of it can be spoken word and there's a good bit of live stuff too.

The demo cd/dvd package is available now. You can also become an executive producer on the new album for the cost of $150 which also includes the demo cd/dvd, new album when it's out and a book of Gira's drawings. Good deal, I wish I could afford it now but had to settle for the cd/dvd and new album pre-order package.

http://younggodrecords.com/Releases/Detail.asp?C=2326

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back