New rules for entry in the US (1 Viewer)

Unicron

Supporter
Solutions
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
I'm taking a trip next month. Dublin -> NYC -> Toronto -> NYC and then home, all in the course of 2 days.

Since the last time I was in the US they've brought in a new thing whereby you have to apply to https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov to take part in the visa waiver programme. My question is, as I'm going to the US, leaving it, and then going back there again do I need to apply for entry via the visa waiver twice or will once suffice?

you fill in the request online, then it's valid for 2 years. you still have to fill in the forms manually at dublin airport tho.
and make sure NOT to pay any money online for the service. i went to canada via chicago this month, and fell for paying €30 each for two applications. i went to a third party site, estauk.com or something like that, so make sure to get the correct us site before applying.

and make sure NOT to pay any money online for the service. i went to canada via chicago this month, and fell for paying €30 each for two applications. i went to a third party site, estauk.com or something like that, so make sure to get the correct us site before applying.

I'll bear that in mind. The link I posted in the OP was the one I got from an e-mail aer lingus sent me and is for the department of homeland security so that's the right one.

yeah it looks like the right one alright, just be careful that a sneaky charge doesn't appear when you are filling in the form online! i fell for it, because i was none the wiser!

I'm taking a trip next month. Dublin -> NYC -> Toronto -> NYC and then home, all in the course of 2 days.

Since the last time I was in the US they've brought in a new thing whereby you have to apply to https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov to take part in the visa waiver programme. My question is, as I'm going to the US, leaving it, and then going back there again do I need to apply for entry via the visa waiver twice or will once suffice?

just the once.

when you leave the US for Canada you won't be ask to give back your landing card. Then on the way back into the US just tell the immigration people you have it. All will be fine. They'll scan your passport and that will be that.

Thanks.

Even though I'm flying up to Toronto?

yea, I can't imagine its any different. I took the bus when I crossed the border. The thing is, you'll likely be one of only a handful that are there on I-94s (Canadian citizens don't need them - they have some other agreement with the US) on that flight so they don't bother to ask for landing cards back. When you get to Canada you'll have to clear immigration there but thats a doddle. Then on the way back, when you get to the US, just show the customs lad your landing card and all will be fine.

That online thing is bollox by the way. Fill it out but at the moment they're not set up for it.

I filled one out last week and got through immigration WAY quicker than i normally do. Fella didn't say two words to me, though it could be that i come to florida the same time every year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back