New record from The Dinah Brand (1 Viewer)

i was thinking of this before for another reason too. i thought it might be possible to have a site where you could sign up, add a paypal account, add your cds or whatever and then sit back and wait for orders. the problem with everyone having different paypal accounts is all the different transactions that woulds be involved. if there was a way to buy stuff from different sellers and have it all done in one transaction it would be easy enough but i dont think you can do that with pay pal.

on the other hand, you could allow paypal buttons to be added to thumped then people could but directly from the bands. have the shop thing, without a central checkout on thumped.

That Bandcamp yoke seems a decent option. I used it for the Groom album (my nomination for Irish LP of the year so far).
Is there a way to group accounts so that you can have one transaction instead of many?

There's been a slight delay by the distributors, but the album should be in shops now or definitely by Monday.

Yeah I got it on iTunes the other day. I'll probably compose a gushing post about how great it is soon enough ....

Yes, this is a problem. There are a few Irish albums now that I want to get in physical formats but haven't been able to get into Dublin during the day. So they remain unheard.
What we need is a central website where we can order these albums. Like the Irish "go to place" on the internet to order CDs. Like an online Road Records (which I know did actually exist). Anyway I think this is a hole that could be plugged by Thumped even?! Could this even be done without requiring Pete to do the mailing? Thumped could take the orders then pass on the details to the bands who then mail the shit.. I mean, this is the internet, surely this can be done.

for me, i like the physical product rather then an mp3 download of it from itunes so for me, i'd like somewhere to buy the irish albums i like

really as well as the dinah brand album, i need to get groom's album also. damn it, i'm out of the loop since road closed

While i was having a sneaky nap earlier I dreamt I was looking a old photographs of this auld lad playing tin whistle in mcDaids,and in the picture was a charming auld dame called Dinah Brand.

Is there anything to this do you's reckon..or was it just the usual DT's typa guff?

Fuckin' loving the few songs they have available on their site, will be picking this up on payday if it's in Tower. Sounds like another sterling effort on the production front by Steve Shannon too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back