New ManU Thread - hahahahahahaha (1 Viewer)

I see the pundits are still too scared to question Van Gowl and his philosophy.

Can we hear about Ronald Koemans philosophy? I bet it involves not being a pompous arse.

I see the pundits are still too scared to question Van Gowl and his philosophy.

Can we hear about Ronald Koemans philosophy? I bet it involves not being a pompous arse.

I'm reading the Bergkamp book at the minute, what he says about Van Gall and Cruyff, two of the coaches he had when he was just becoming a senior player is interesting. Both are strongly associated with what might be thought of as the Ajax school of football but Bergkamp says that their philospohies are very different. Cruyff was about developing intelligent players who could make the right decisions on the pitch for themselves, essentially reducing the importance of the coach in game situations whereas LVG is far more into being involved in influencing matches, working really hard on tactics to exploit the opponents weaknesses.

Perhaps it's a simplistic assumption but as Koeman was a player under Cruyff at Ajax, and left for PSV before Van Gaal arrived, and who then worked with him again at Barcelona he's more likely to be a Cruyff style coach.

I'm reading the Bergkamp book at the minute, what he says about Van Gall and Cruyff, two of the coaches he had when he was just becoming a senior player is interesting. Both are strongly associated with what might be thought of as the Ajax school of football but Bergkamp says that their philospohies are very different. Cruyff was about developing intelligent players who could make the right decisions on the pitch for themselves, essentially reducing the importance of the coach in game situations whereas LVG is far more into being involved in influencing matches, working really hard on tactics to exploit the opponents weaknesses.

Perhaps it's a simplistic assumption but as Koeman was a player under Cruyff at Ajax, and left for PSV before Van Gaal arrived, and who then worked with him again at Barcelona he's more likely to be a Cruyff style coach.
Absolutely, you can see that in how his team play. They're a very adaptable side.

I didn't know where else to put this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This can't be right, is it?
"37 points from 21 games is precisely the same amount under the faltering David Moyes reign this time last year – but actually one goal down, with fewer shots, crosses and passes, and more long balls."
Falcao a symbol of Louis van Gaal’s Manchester United ‘philosophy’ problem | Daniel Taylor | Football | The Guardian

If so,
A) how are they in the top four, when last year they were mid-table?
B) why the fuck are the media and fans not ploughing into Van Gaal like they did Moyes, given how much more he's spent etc etc

It beggars belief.

If so,
A) how are they in the top four, when last year they were mid-table?
B) why the fuck are the media and fans not ploughing into Van Gaal like they did Moyes, given how much more he's spent etc etc

Good question

They were 7th at this time last year. Arsenal, Spurs and Everton were having better seasons than now, and Liverpool had Luis.
Switch Southampton for Everton and give Arsenal and Spurs one more win each this term and United are right where they were last year.

It's all perception, I suppose. Moyes was the guy that took the ferrari out and crashed it. Van Gaal is saying he can get her on the road again, just like new, but he just needs some time to get it out of the ditch.
An imperfect analogy, but you get the point.

Comes back to that old United jamminess. If Southampton weren't confounding expectations, United would now be third, with the same points as Moyes got them.

#funnyoldgame

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back