New Manics single (2 Viewers)

Not sure about this. Big Hawley fan but I really, really don't like this band

I cringed when James Bradfield started singing, to me it sounds like bad heavy metal.

The song itself is growing on me and yes, lovely guitar work going on. I wonder if it's Shez from Hawley's band

Not sure about this. Big Hawley fan but I really, really don't like this band

I cringed when James Bradfield started singing, to me it sounds like bad heavy metal.

The song itself is growing on me and yes, lovely guitar work going on. I wonder if it's Shez from Hawley's band

As a big fan of the manics I also cringed when James started singing. He's a bit much at times. I'd wager it's him on guitar though.

New album out today. It's full of motorik beats and synths so sounds like they're on Sargent House or something.

Same problems with the vocals so far.

Its not up to much is it? (I should qualify that by saying I've only listened to a part of it so far.)
Walk me to the bridge seems to be missing a catchy chorus, thats not always bad but it seems to be building to one then it just stops. Europa geht whatever is just strange, again, never really gets off the ground. I'd love to know what the point is.

Its not up to much is it? (I should qualify that by saying I've only listened to a part of it so far.)
Walk me to the bridge seems to be missing a catchy chorus, thats not always bad but it seems to be building to one then it just stops. Europa geht whatever is just strange, again, never really gets off the ground. I'd love to know what the point is.

On first listen I'm unimpressed with the songs themselves but am willing to give it another shot.

Simon Price gave it one hell of a review:

The Quietus | Features | A Masterpiece: Simon Price On Manic Street Preachers' Futurology

Wire and Moore doing exactly what they said they were going to do here. Manic Street Preachers, a quarter-century since their first release, are presenting a face to the world as heroic as those in any Soviet constructivist propaganda poster.

pretty sure still making albums is exactly not what they said they would be doing.

he is conveniently ignoring it too
Praise the lords for that as well, he's the only one who won't take that easy road when reviewing an album by them.

as a stick to hit the manics with it's looking pretty splintered at this point.

I always find Holy Bible songs weird to take live. All these lads punching the air and backslapping to Faster like they're at Billy Idol or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back