New Manics single (2 Viewers)

So this album is alright. erm, better than Send Away the Tigers and the worst of Know Your Enemy anyway. I now like the single at least.

A Billion Balconies has a melody not unlike Methadone Pretty.

I'd be interested in seeing where they go after this "Last Shot at Mass Communication", decent songs would be a good place to start. Ah well, I will continue to get their albums for as long as it takes.....

JDB is still beautiful in a desperate sort of way... I haven't given the new album a listen, I don't have the drive to anymore, I don't think.

You're out of the club Jonah. You can hand in your copy of Generation Terrorists at the door.

as every proper manics fan knows, it's (h)All or Nothing.

no.

I mean, yes, all of them.

Some people think last year's album was a return to form, i'm not so sure.....Surprisingly Lifeblood has grown on me, despite being bitterly disappointed at the time.

the best song they've written since There by the Grace of God is their christmas one though, it's actually pure deadly

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw them do an acoustic set in Sinnotts last Thursday and got to talk to Nicky and he was nothing but a gent (although he probably bad mouthed me behind my back when I walked off....)

The new album is like everything since This Is My Truth, at first you think it's actually pretty good albiet too long then ah it's alright then instantly forgettable bar one or two songs.

They are still a fantastic live act who I can't wait to see again when they venture back over here.

They are still a fantastic live act who I can't wait to see again when they venture back over here.

Really ?

Saw them 2 or 3 times at festivals and once at the point around the this is my truth stage. They were great but are they still good ? One occaision they played loads of great stuff at the start then dipped off into new stuff which was total shit. I went for a pint and by the time I returned they were onto the encore "greatest hits" stage which was good but everyone in the crowd who'd stayed for the middle bit seemed bored to tears.

I'm really enjoying the new album. the song that Nicky sings on is deadly!

as for their gigs...for the last 3 years or so I think they've been amazing live. I wish they'd got the second guitarist in years ago.

it was a return to a form that they touched on with every album - sort of like the returned to being 70% as good as they were from being 50%

sounds like the constant disappointment I've had with Oasis LPs since What's The Story (Morning Glory) - only to be pleasantly surprised with Dig Out Your Soul.

Motown Junk is still one of the greatest songs of all time. finding it hard to believe that their new album might be good though

Here come the cavalry!!!

I have revised my opinion on the opening single, it's great.

I really like this album a lot.
The Ian McCullough and Choir (?) song, Some Kind of Nothingness, works well.
All we make is entertainment is tongue in cheek pop perfection.
Auto-Intoxication recalls the strangeness of some of the tracks on TIMTTMY.
The Nicky Wire song as Ilovehoovering pointed out works well considering his voice. They seem to give him good songs to sing, so the vocie often becomes secondary!

All in all a very enjoyable album. But I wouldn't expect anyone who knows their older stuff to pick this up and suddenly decide they like them again!

What do people think of the new manics single so? I.... can't decide what I make of it.

Oh it's a cover, I didn't even realise!

Only the manics would think the world needs a the the cover.

Featuring Richard Hawley. Some nice guitar-work...

my own private thread here these days

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back