New Louis Theroux tonight (2 Viewers)

dunderhead

Louis Theroux: Law and Disorder in Philadelphia
BBC Two, 9pm
Louis Theroux is the master of gentle irony and faux naivety, but there is precious little room for these talents in a war zone. In the first of two programmes about law enforcement in dangerous places, he joins the Philadelphia Police Department as they drive around the 24th District, which has one of the highest rates of violent crime and homicide in the US. The neighbourhood is awash with drugs and guns; there are low-level drug dealers on every street corner, and here a person can get shot just for looking at someone the wrong way. Nobody will ever talk to the police – that’s “snitching”.
With the sirens screaming, Louis Theroux looks anxious, shocked and out of place.

it was like a really good episode of COPS, mostly becuase louis
wasn't doing much. when he did go into his simp routine, it got
kinda stupid

"did she just not love him?"

Yeah I was kind of questioning why Louis was there himself. Have the BBC run out of ideas for his quirky interview techniques, or is he himself trying to move into a more serious style?

That said I found that having someone like him, who's just a very ordinary middle-class bloke from the UK, standing talking to drug dealers and cops on street corners and just asking very ordinary questions put it into the kind of context where you wouldn't just blindly take it in like you would an episode of "Cops" where you'd be thinking "Ah sure that's what it it's like over there. They're all mad..."etc.

Like when they found the OD'ed guy. I wonder if Louis had ever even seen a dead body before.

That sort of thing put the content of the programme into a different context.

Yeah I was kind of questioning why Louis was there himself. Have the BBC run out of ideas for his quirky interview techniques, or is he himself trying to move into a more serious style?

That said I found that having someone like him, who's just a very ordinary middle-class bloke from the UK, standing talking to drug dealers and cops on street corners and just asking very ordinary questions put it into the kind of context where you wouldn't just blindly take it in like you would an episode of "Cops" where you'd be thinking "Ah sure that's what it it's like over there. They're all mad..."etc.

Like when they found the OD'ed guy. I wonder if Louis had ever even seen a dead body before.

That sort of thing put the content of the programme into a different context.
i think youve nailed it there. it really put it all in perspective. having louie there was kinda like having you or i there. he was obviously scared shitless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back