new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

skinnerchinner

Liverpool have won the race for Brazilian midfielder Lucas, according to his club Gremio.
The 20-year-old has long been linked with a move for Europe, as his impressive displays as the holding midfielder for Gremio have caught the eye of watching scouts.
Gremio have claimed a host of teams came calling, but stated Liverpool acted quickly to wrap up the transfer.
"We did business very fast with Liverpool because there was a lot of interest," Gremio secretary Alfredo Oliveira told Radio Bandeirantes.
"Lucas travelled to England to present himself and although there are a few little details to be resolved, I can say that the transfer has been arranged and that Lucas will join his new team once Gremio's participation in the Copa Libertadores ends."
It is believed that Liverpool have paid in the region of £8million for the Brazil international.
Gremio are in the quarter-finals of the Copa Libertadores, but Lucas should link-up with The Reds for pre-season in order to put pressure on the likes of Mohamed Sissoko, Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano.

rafa loves them holding midfielders
i wonder if hes thinking of taking teh 20m+ from real or barca for xabi
like i said before good player but for that kind of money I would sell him

Liverpool ace Harry Kewell has declared himself fit for the UEFA Champions League final. Kewell made his long awaited return from injury as a substitute in last weekend's defeat at Fulham.
The former Leeds man has seen this season blighted by injury after returning from the World Cup with groin and foot problems.
Kewell was delighted to return to action against Fulham and he believes he is close to full fitness.
"I've been working hard over the last eight weeks," Kewell told ESPN.
"We did testing the other day, everything went well.
"The manager's happy, the assistant manager's happy, the fitness coaches are happy, so it's literally down to the manager.
"I'm feeling as close to 100 per cent as I've ever felt before in my life, the only thing I'm missing is competitive games."

the fucking barefaced peachy cheek of him

i wonder will rafa play bert and dudey this weekend ?
rumour fowler has confirmed leaving at end of season
everyone knows anyway

yeah fowler's gone, said as much today.
rafa won't offer him a new contract.
strongly linked with tevez too... he might wanna hitch up with the masch again, come on carlos. i rate him highly, and he's acclimatised to teh prem now... bringit on

i think momo's days might be numbered

if this rumour is true about the new guy
where are they all going to play?
gerrard will be on the right if we have xab , masch , momo and the new guy

if we could get 25m for Xabi - i would have to consider
he doesnt get enough goals
thats a lot of bling - buy tevez hes an animal
when top clubs come sniffing from other top clubs you have to pay top dollar
think of swap deals you could do with barca for xabxab plus cash
if he doesnt play the champs league final
i am officially starting the xabxab out rumour
2 years on his contract
he'll hardly be happy to sit on the bench every second game
wouldnt want him leaving on a free in a couple of years
we'll see anyway
unless he is selling either momo or xabi why would he bother with this new guy
5 centre mids is too many
thats deosnt count zenden (is he even a afootballer or a russian spy for roman a)

we need wingers and strikers (past tense)
and a new centre half for cover (might get one more season from sami so no rush)
i wouldnt mind at all if they keep him - if they do i hope they ship momo out

that's total midfield overkill, someone's got to go!

But Lucas is supposedly top notch, he's Brazilian/Italian, probably the ideal blend of footballing nations! :)

maybe not

Liverpool are set to sign Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva from Gremio.

The 20 year old midfielder will join the Reds at the start of next season after Rafael Benitez beat a host of European clubs for his signature.

"The deal with the player and his club is almost done and I am really pleased he is coming to us," said Benitez.

"He is the captain of the Brazil under-20 side and won the Golden Boot in his country last year so we know he has quality and we also believe he has the mentality and the character you need to do well in England.

"He can play as a holding midfielder but he can also get from box to box and so I am looking forward to seeing him score goals for Liverpool in the future.

"A lot of clubs in England and Spain were asking about him but our scouting department has again been working really hard and it's good that he's coming to us.

"He will arrive in the summer and then will start adapting to football in this country. We know it can take time but I think he has the quality to be putting pressure on Gerrard, Mascherano, Xabi and Sissoko next season."

kewell came on and played a stormer today
as much as i hate him i wouldnt mind seeing him play ahead
of zenden in the final
zenden was shite again today (is anyone surprised)

harry looked sharp.. zenden would be right to feel hard done by by harry popping up after half an hours football and looking like he wants a go... but zenden's been shit, so he's only himself to blame. i reckon he'll have to start with zenden, and bring on kewell. does he have 90 minutes in him yet? or even 120 mins.... although, he is our talisman...

On Eirecore/Lifestyle this comment would have you beheaded.
by a load of crusty, smelly cunts? why are they so concerned about feminism over there, no woman would touch them.

anyway, she was shit, like most comentators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back