new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

I wonder where he'd go. His stock is down at the moment and a big price tag will be put on him. Are the big clubs really going to be interested? He had a decent spell last season but this year he's done nothing.

Sterling ain't the player he thinks he is. It's hard to think of a club at the same or better standard as Liverpool that he could actually improve by moving to. Maybe he'd be better than Ashley Young if ManUre were interested, but all the big Champions League teams already have better players than he is, in the positions he'd be looking to play in. Best he could hope for might be a big-wage move to F.C Racism or someone like that.

Sterling ain't the player he thinks he is. It's hard to think of a club at the same or better standard as Liverpool that he could actually improve by moving to. Maybe he'd be better than Ashley Young if ManUre were interested, but all the big Champions League teams already have better players than he is, in the positions he'd be looking to play in. Best he could hope for might be a big-wage move to F.C Racism or someone like that.

I might take him ahead of Walcott, we're currently playing a central midfielder on the right ahead of Theo though.

I wonder where he'd go. His stock is down at the moment and a big price tag will be put on him. Are the big clubs really going to be interested?.

Yeah you'd have to wonder. At best they'd buy him as a utility player to boost the FFP quota of English players, but even Man City surely wouldn't waste the dosh?

I read that Liverpool will hold firm on his old contract, at less than the 100,000 (yes 100,000) a week that he turned down. I hope they stick him in the reserves for three years.

I think Liverpool FC have probably done everything right on this, so far, although I find the comments by former players like Carra on Monday and Aldo a bit embarrassing. The idea that Sterling ought to be grateful, or that it's an insult to the name of the great institution blah blah... that's just stupid when you look at the lengths that donkey Lovren went to when agitating out of his Southampton contract after one season in which he was clearly being protected by Schneiderlain; or consider that LFC nicked Raheem from QPR not too long ago. Molby is right, just sell him, and get an over-inflated fee that we can reinvest in more bright young players who want to develop. And I think that is what will now happen. City need someone like him for homegrown rules, while there are strong rumours of a swap deal for Walcott.

There are two bigger issues that concern me. First is the relaxation of FFP rules. Not just because it means that City and Chelsea continue doping, in Wenger's apt term, but because it undermines the entire system that FSG have operated, which almost won the league last season. If FFP were enforced, City would be still be able to buy Sterling for £50m or whatever, but that transfer would constrain them in reinforcing the rest of the squad while it would allow liverpool to keep spreading the big fees into a wider range of prospects who will either win games or move on for huge fees. If FFP is relaxed, LFC are just a feeder club and it will take a billionaire takeover to give them any hope of competing in the league. In other words, we'll win nothing with FSG and they will almost certainly bail out sooner or later.

The second is related to that, and is basically the need for LFC supporters to adjust to the financial realities of the game today and Liverpool's position in it. With Gerrard and Johnson gone, the team is going to look very young and completely absent of anyone who has won a major trophy (sorry Skrtel but I don't care about the league cup). Selling the likes of Sterling for big money if he refuses to accept the club's wage structure or fancies himself as entitled to be playing in the Champions League is exactly what Liverpool should be doing. But whether that's as canny competitors or merely a second-rate club depends entirely on FFP and who owns the club.

Frankly, fuck football. If Klopp takes over, which feels unlikely, at least that would be entertaining to watch.

Whether we like it or not, something new is starting. Something that hasn't happened for 17 years. So, let's embrace change, it's the flavour of the month. Meanwhile, the memories. Oh! The mammaries.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This thread started in 2007, heralding the arrival of Lucas Levia. Now it looks like he's on his way out. End of an era chaps. We need a new thread.

if nothing good comes out of this, at least we have this

tonight's performance on a pretty shitty pitch, 2000 miles from home was damn good I thought. Klopp's influence is hopefully starting to show. 12 games unbeaten at this stage. only 2 defeats all season. thought it was more. hendo and sturridge to hopefully come back soon. maybe it's gonna be alright lads. obviously RK are a pretty shit team but the difference in quality of performance compared to 2 or 3 weeks ago when they were up against 10 men at home for an hour or so was huge

Well, lads. I think we can safely resurrect this thread. Tonight was some show.
fucking unbelievable. The impact of Klopp has been immense. an under strength pool rip an almost full strength southhampton apart at home. after going one behind too. how many times did LFC win a game that they trailed in under rodgers? top 4 a very strong possibility if the squad can avoid big injuries. have had their fair share already for one season. bookies have gone from 100/1 to 11/1 for the league. not going there but they're covering themselves. tonights game had a hum of the 13/14 run in terms of positivity on pitch and in stand. brilliant stuff

Last edited:
I love that Origi has now outscored Balotelli. They don't seem to mind giving up the lead. It was like that in 13-14. They believed they would get goals. Only problem is home form. Hopefully a few more results like this and the pall at Anfield will be lifted. They still play with a rod up their arses there.

It's gas, you see some managers come in and they'll change tactics and it'll work, or they'll drop a player, or pick a player. Klopp's given what was a good squad some belief. Some managers go on about their "ideas". Klopps seems to be: beat the cunts. I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back