new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

Daycent FAKUP draw. You'd give us have a chance against Kenna, Hendry, Slater et al. If there's a semi-final to be had, I'd prefer one of the Arse-united pair. The logic being I'd rather lose in the semi than the final. But there's no way we'd lose to that shower who beat PNE last night. They were fucking gash.

fair dues to Rodgers. something like 2 losses in 26. one against united and I think the other was away to chlesea aet. defence has copped on since skertl can and sakho have started. still am baffled by how erratic sakho is when he is under no pressure. plays some mindless passes around the back. otherwise having a great spell in the team, looks really solid when he has to actually defend without the ball.

new players have really started to come good and gel since around new year. no sterling, gerrard or lucas the other day. very good result away to CP. sturridge stays fit should hopefully be in the shake up for top 4. Really think (hope) united getting top 4 is not a given.

fuckhead Michael Owen claimed he made a balls up of the palace gosl the other day. think it was plain to see that he made a really good stop rather than fucking up. defensive error. no way mignolet's fault. looks more assured in last month than he has ever in red shirt I think. amazing turn around. still dodge with his feet but very solid and confident otherwise

Can and Skrtl were day dreaming, he actually made a decent stop. No chance with the finish. But he's made a world class save in nearly every game recently. The one from Coleman at Goodison was a match saver. His punching has been okay, he's coming for crosses, his kicking isn't even shit any more. Remarkable turnaround for a bloke who was looking at a being murdered only a month ago.

Carragher had interesting stat after game today. After the 1st of January in his 2 and a bit seasons there, Rodgers has lost 4 league games. (pretty sure its league games anyway. has to be surely?). obvious point being, longer he has with the group over a season, the more it comes together. that defense is the first LFC team in 30 years to put 5 away clean sheets in league consecutively. Unbelievable turnaround.

Awful conditions today but an early goal was exactly what was needed for them to grind out a good defensive win. Southampton never really threatened in spite of having a good bit of ball. Spurs and Utd dropping points makes for a great weekend. Hats off to Rodgers, really has the squad back to a very strong unit even with some injuries. Hopefully will get something off City next Sunday, Istanbul on Thursday is a fucking awful state of affairs. to beat City at home would be amazing and really throw them into that same mind set from last year around this time again. Not that they'll be able to replicate that after such a bad start and a lot more fixtures.

all in all, hon the pool! season could still go tits up in many ways but has been a very commendable improvement in last 2 months

Let's hope with minimum changes this summer he'll have the momentum from the get go. Mind you, losing Gerrard could be seismic, off the pitch at least.

I'm also hating this "he chanced on this formation" bollocks.

Let's hope with minimum changes this summer he'll have the momentum from the get go. Mind you, losing Gerrard could be seismic, off the pitch at least.

I'm also hating this "he chanced on this formation" bollocks.

Agreed about the minimal changes - a new centreback and a proper striker to compete with Sturridge is probably all we really need. The rest is squad development and keeping the likes of Sterling, Ibe, Coutinho etc.

I actually feel like losing Gerrard will be liberating more than anything else. It'll be hard enough fitting him in for the remaining matches of this season. Who do you drop from that line-up today? They were all fantastic. Coutinho's shooting's improving, Allen was linking everything up from the back and Henderson was winning the ball and free to get forward. Lovren still looks a bit ropey but when Sakho's back, you'd have to say Can has earned a go in the middle with Lovren moving across. Can is obviously a very classy player, not a CB but smart enough to be a better defender than Lovren, and he loves getting forward with the ball. Had Sterling and Sturridge been a bit sharper today we could have finished with 4 or 5 goals for the same effort.

Gerrard's obviously a big personality and all that entails in terms of leadership, but that cuts both ways. He's also bigger than Rodgers and so he ends up being the awkward exception to Rodger's system of ruthlessly dropping anyone who isn't playing his way, and he's notable for being probably the only player that Rodgers hasn't publicly criticized, even constructively. And for all his experience etc, he's never been very vocal on the pitch. He's not that much of an extrovert. He's not a Viera or Keane or Souness, and he's only looked arrogant when insisting on Phil Collins. I'd imagine Henderson would feel a lot more comfortable leading a bunch of players who have almost all joined during his time at the club, and who are around his age or younger. And Lallana will also be in the running once he has a season under his belt. It'll be better for them to define their own unit instead of having to defer to the serial runner up - who now has to have his birthday on the day of the FA Cup final, which is amazing, Gerrard sentimentally tempting fate again at the very last opportunity.

Someone above said Sakho looks dodgy - well maybe he does, but apparently the Opta stats say we concede 50% fewer goals with him in the team than out, making him the most influential defender in the league. I love watching Liverpool again. Fair play to Rodgers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back