new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Still 1 point above ManUre

That's nothing to be proud of - this is their worst start to a season in almost 30 years.

Rodgers needs to prove between now and the end of the season that he can, at the very least, set up a team that can keep a reasonable amount of clean sheets. If he can't do that then everything else is moot - he'll be out the door because we won't score the goals we did last season. That's not even taking into account his transfer record which at the moment looks appalling and his stubbornness with regard to 4-2-3-1.

That's nothing to be proud of - this is their worst start to a season in almost 30 years.

Rodgers needs to prove between now and the end of the season that he can, at the very least, set up a team that can keep a reasonable amount of clean sheets. If he can't do that then everything else is moot - he'll be out the door because we won't score the goals we did last season. That's not even taking into account his transfer record which at the moment looks appalling and his stubbornness with regard to 4-2-3-1.
Ah, here. The transfer committee decide who's worth what, not Rodgers. He has input, but I'd say he's been vetoed a few times with regards lads like Cavani and Higuain who were never worth the money quoted. Chelsea might have gone for it, but LFC are pretty parsimonious. We spent 35 million quid this season. So it's not as if he's run up a massive debt, that's reasonable for a champion's league club. It's just a little more than a Fellaini. And as for 4-2-3-1, I don't think that's a tactic of Brendan's at all, and that's given his felxability with formations. We've seen 3-5-1-1, 3-4-1-2, 4-1-3-2, 4-3-3 and all the things inbetween. Brendan's tactics aren't rigid at all.

i worry that given we've used 8 different defenders this season and had the same result when it comes to attempting to defend a simple hoick into the box, that there's a fundamental lack of defensive nous at the club. It can't be the players - unless they're ALL shit, and we know some of them aren't that bad. But apart from that, he's done a good job. It's a pain in the hole, but this isn't like looking at Kuyt, Maxi, Meireles, Enrique and wondering how bad the future is gonna be, we're looking at a load of 21 year olds that are going to improve. At least they better fucking improve.

Ah, here. The transfer committee decide who's worth what, not Rodgers.

Ok fair enough but £215 million has been spent while Rodgers has been manager - someone needs to take responsibility for the gack return on that money.

Which member of the transfer committee thought 25m for Lallana was a good idea?

MBDALGU-EC003.jpg

Ok fair enough but £215 million has been spent while Rodgers has been manager - someone needs to take responsibility for the gack return on that money.

Which member of the transfer committee thought 25m for Lallana was a good idea?

MBDALGU-EC003.jpg
Lallana was really good last season. Is he shit? Or is he settling? He's played about 5 times, and you're writing him off? Come on, man. You'd have taken a pasting in the Champion's League at any time in the last five years over watching Chelsea or some cunts stroll to a "professional" result over some postmen from Vladivostok.

We were traumatised last season. We were gutted. This is grief, Lefty. we'll be back. But yeah, tonight's gonna be a cunt.

hopefully Lambert starts tonight. would like to see him a get a run. looking likely if resting players comes through

pool 10/1 ftw. had to throw a 5er on.

Balotelli should be dropped! Gerrard looks past it! Sterling could do with a rest! Lovren isn't settling!!

WHAT? YOU DON'T GO TO MADRID AND PLAY THE RESERVES!!

Who's to say last night's team isn't Liverpool's best at this particular moment in time? The results are tough, but the meeja hysteria is exhausting.

Positives.

fair dues Borini. covered a phenomenal amount of ground over the 90 minutes. That was not a foul on Ramos around 70 mins. Should have been in on goal
Kolo! Managed a longer dribble down the wing than Ronaldo did all night and was excellent at the back. I'd like to see him start against Chelsea
Allen was brilliant. Made some very important clear interceptions when RM were a pass or two away from creating very good chances
Moreno looked decent bombing up and down the place
Even thought that was Markovic's best game so far. Still didn't do a whole pile to impress mind
Mignolet looked more assured than usual

Still got fucking beaten though. Whether it was 7-0 or 1-0 it doesn't make a difference. On current form I'm not sure the lads on the bench last night would have made much of a difference. Newcastle did beat them one nil and they crumbled at home to RM in the space of 20 minutes. Of course it makes for a great story for the press so BR is gonna have to sit on that for a couple of days but in reality I don't think theres a massive difference between the quality of the regular starters and what are regarded as bench players

Will hopefully still scrape 2 wins to through

I know Sturridge isnt going to turn the teams fortune around completely but hes definitely gonna have a positive influence on the shambles of a set up. Hopefully should be good to go after international break

It's crazy, because the "first 11" has been criticised, so he tries something different, you know, a team of experienced internationals, and gets pilloried for a "weakened side". This is what the rotation, 3 games a week, big squad, is all about.

Coutinho, Gerrard and Baloteli deserve to be dropped. And if we beat Chelsea, no one will care about this result. But if we leave, it'll be a double blow, despite the fact no cunts have beaten Chelsea this season. Can't win, figuratively and actually, it seems.

Kolo was fucking brilliant last night. And Lucas seemed to provide actual cover. When Gerrard's on, we play with a back 3. That ain't working.

"The Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers, needs to explain his team selection against Real Madrid to the fans, the Uefa president, Michel Platini, said on Wednesday."

Michel Platini: Brendan Rodgers must explain Liverpool team to fans, not me | Football | The Guardian

Ridiculous and bizarre.

completely absurd. coutinho, ballotelli, johnson were on the bench. they regularly spend a good bit of time on the bench. they're not sure starters. Lovren is shit so far this season. doesn't deserve a start on form. he basically rested 3 first team players that are way off their best in last few weeks anyway. Aside from that the team is genuinely as strong as it could have been. fuck off Platini, this story is ridiculous

With the exception of Skrtl, Rodgers bough that team he put out. It wasn't cheap neither. Yeah, sure, the entire 11 was only slightly more expensive than Gareth Bale was, but maybe that's an issue for another day, Monsuir Platini?

Sometimes it's like football media is bored with the actual game. Maybe 3 matches a week isn't enough for the papers. They need a match every 3 hours or they'll go mad. Mario ate my hamster.

Thing about Liverpool against Real is, of the 4 English teams in the CL, they've come away with the best performance this week. Getting beat 1-0 away from home against the most expensive club in the world is pretty good going, and certainly beats (hilariously) losing 2-1 at home to a club from what is considered a shit league, drawing 3-3 at home after being 3-0 up, and drawing 1-1 away against a club that you hammered in the previous fixture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back