new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Markovic lads? Markovic? I know hes young, give him time etc. but for that money hes gotta be showing something decent in the minutes hes gotten this season. Was utterly useless last night when he came on again and has been ineffectual whenever hes played so far this season

Markovic? I dunno, he's probably not gonna get to grips with the league until the team starts playing better in general. Post Christmas we'll see what he can do for us.

Short term, i.e. this weekend, it's all about the man up front. Not Mario, he'll be on the bench unless Rodgers is actually losing it. No this weekend could, should nay MUST be about Rickie Lambert. This is a man who doesn't carry any of the rubbish that weighs down Ballotelli's mind and shoulders, he just needs more opportunities and he'll get goals. If he's done anything wrong in his game time it's that he's trying too hard, much like Crouchy or even Robbie Keane were a few years back. I genuinely believe he'll come good. His lack of goals is coming from the polar opposite place to his Italian team mate, and his attitude will be a shot in the arm for the players trying to set him up. At the very least he'll be better at the link up play, witness his assist for Lallana's goal against West Brom the other week. There'll be goals from his inclusion, even if he's not supplying them directly.

At this point in time, we have two strikers who are both misfiring and who would both benefit from switching roles. Give Rickie the responsibility to help turn this around up front, he can take it on.

Meanwhile the case for the defense continues...

Ricky fucking Lambert. I'd almost forgotten about him. My head is spinning with all the shite players at Liverpool this season. I'm losing count.

Is Titti Camara still playing? He could still do a job for us.

Two games is exactly the right gauge to judge Luis Suatez
No one's raggin on Suatez. He's quality.

Let's make believe. If Suarez hadn't left Liverpool he would now be two games into his come back. We'd still be in the same pile of poo, and Suarez would still be off the pace. The only difference would be, if Suarez was there, Balotelli wouldn't have been bought so we'd have been playing with Rickie Lee Jones and Fabio up front. We'd be relegated on principle already in that case.

I wonder did losing Suarez impact on the squad psychologically? Except there's 9 new players there who never played with him, so that can't be true. What's the fucking problem here? Is it Gerrard? Is it me? ARGH.

Apart from his goals Suarez set the tone on the pitch with his work rate and general energy and the other 10 fed off that. Now when they look forward they see Balotelli ambling about disinterested. Hardly the most motivating sight. I think it's as simple as that.

Apart from his goals Suarez set the tone on the pitch with his work rate and general energy and the other 10 fed off that. Now when they look forward they see Balotelli ambling about disinterested. Hardly the most motivating sight. I think it's as simple as that.
I know, but because Suarez is a mental, he wouldn't have been playing until now anyway.

I think it'll come good, Rodger's LFC usually improve as the season progresses. Hopefully 4th is still an option come Xmas, then they find another gear (and another striker). I like Mario as a dude, he was a bargain, and I don't think he's the problem, but neither do I think he's a lone striker. Okay, he's been forced into that position by circumstances, but we need a Sturridge-a-like for those frequent months when Danny is fucked. Remy would have been perfect....except that he's injured too. Who is out there? Who's available? Liverpool offered more for Sanchez than Arsenal and he went there because he wanted to live in London. There you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back