new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (4 Viewers)

You mean by actually forcing clubs to adhere to the fiancial fair play rules ? outlawing the likes of Abramovic and the Saudi owners spending ridiculous amounts ? punishing clubs who continue to operate with enormous debts ? Thereby leveling the playing fields for all clubs in the league ?

is that what you mean ?

Well, yes! But perhaps I have made a slight logical boo boo there: While it is the Premier League's job to do that, or at least it should be, but then again, I don't know to what extent the Premier League is just made up of its members at any given season and to what extent it contains a separate independent working administration. If its just made up of members rather any other independent administrators than I suppose it is partly up to Liverpool to maintain the competitiveness of the their competition.

I'm not exactly made up with this decision to break from the collective bargaining agreement, but I disagree with the interpretation that it is ground-breaking, or unexpected or has thrown football into crisis anymore than it already is.

I think Macintosh's larger point is that Liverpool fans have always been big on the ethos of the club (and how "special" the club itself is because of that) and some of the fans who messaged him saying that Ayres was in the right seemed to be leaving all that behind,

Precisely. the reason Liverpool's historic success means more than United's is that it was achieved throughout periods when all clubs in the league shared gate receipts, tv money wasn't an issue, and teams built success from the bottom up. United's dominance has come in an era when the whole thing started to be skewed and by now, it's too late to do anything else. bear in mind that a large stadium was no advantage to winning anything when gate receipts were shared.

Basically the issue is simple, and it all depends on whether you're of the view that we need to focus on beating the 4/5 richer clubs through equally cynical means, while the rest of the league is just there to be beaten (and give the occasional shock result), or if you still think that the other teams in the league actually matter and that there should be a bit of sport left in the game.

As for 'football just reflects wider society', well you may have noticed of late that wider society is also going down the toilet. OCCUPY ANFIELD

hello there Liverpool fans, just wondering if any of ye know what the story is with getting tickets for Liverpool home games.

Im looking at the game vs QPR at Anfield on December 10th. I hear where once it was easy to get tout tickets apparently now its really difficult, Is this true? The only other option seems to be booking a package through a travel agency or something.

eighty million quid of pure shite. every time i watch them, they get worse. downing goes missing, henderson can't pass to a team mate, carrol's profligacy has cost us at least 4 points now. a 35 million quid player doesn't miss from six yards in 2 consecutive home games. charlie adam plays like he's in fucking rehab. even his dead ball delivery is diabolical. and it's bad enough that he spent that much money on them, he picks them every fucking week when spearing, kuyt, bellamy are on the bench. even stevie g with one leg would be better. even the jar of fucking aids would be better. kenny has made some diabolical decisions but we're sentimental fuckers at enfield so it's "oh, we played well and created chances etc" fuck that. eighty million quid. just think who we could have bought with that.

not to mention selling meireles...with every game that decision looks stupider and stupider.

charlie adam is a fucking disgrace though. he's so far below the standard we chould be expecting. at least he was cheap. only the price of a van der vaart or a hernandez rather than a augero or silva.

fuck this fucking season. how can i stop giving a shit?

from very early on this had shit home draw written all over it. I have witnessed far too many of these predictably bad performances over the last few years. chelsea next, then city i think. table could look very bleak by the end of the month. not sure how downing is starting all of these games. likewise henderson and adam. spearing and maxi were a huge part of the great finish to last season but don't get a look-in for league games at all this year. very difficult to see this crowd finishing above arsenal and spurs as it is.

by the way, whats the story if suarez is found guilty of racism? whats the length of ban etc.?

Suarez charged by the FA

Does anyone really give a fuck what two millionaires say to each other while kicking a ball?

I mean it might be still technically racism but at the very very low end. A bit of trash-talking.

Ask yourself what harm was done? Fucking none. This is a long way from racist chants or throwing bananas on the pitch.

Evra's a fucking cry-baby rat. He doesn't know any 'I fucked your mom' retorts after this long playing football? Absolutely ridiculous.

I hope they nail Terry though. Can't stand him.

Does anyone really give a fuck what two millionaires say to each other while kicking a ball?

I mean it might be still technically racism but at the very very low end. A bit of trash-talking.

Ask yourself what harm was done? Fucking none. This is a long way from racist chants or throwing bananas on the pitch.

Evra's a fucking cry-baby rat. He doesn't know any 'I fucked your mom' retorts after this long playing football? Absolutely ridiculous.

I hope they nail Terry though. Can't stand him.

I was pretty confident from the moment I heard this whole thing that what he said was "negrito" because its very very commonly used in South America... even Suarez claims that its exactly what De Gea and Hernandez refer to Evra as. Perhaps what Suarez has said was a stupid thing to say because he's got himself in hot bother, but everyone already knows exactly what Evra is from his outbursts throughout his career (about Arsenal in particular) and his behaviour at the World Cup and in general on the pitch: a complete fucking cunt.

The FA said:
"It is alleged that Suárez used abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Manchester United's Patrice Evra contrary to FA rules. It is further alleged that this included a reference to the ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race of Patrice Evra."

Cannot see him getting off, but glad to see the club give him their full backing, as they clearly believe he's not a racist.

How does it feel to be on the same page as Sepp Blatter?

Really? Is that his stand on the whole thing?

Balls.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...p-Blatter-there-is-no-racism-in-football.html

Asked in an *interview by CNN whether he felt there is still racism on the pitch, Blatter said: “I would deny it. There is no racism.

“Maybe one of the players has a word or a gesture which is not the correct one, but the one who is effected by that, he should say that ‘this is a game’.

“We are in a game, and at the end of the game, we shake hands, and this can happen, because we have worked so hard against racism and discrimination.

“I think the whole world is aware of the efforts we are making against racism and discrimination. And, on the field of play sometimes you say something that is not very correct, but then at the end of the game, the game is over and you have the next game where you can behave better.”

terry marking suarez this weekend.
they're gonna have great craic together

how many missed games is suarez looking at once he loses his appeal?

dunderhead said:
how many missed games is suarez looking at once he loses his appeal?

He'd have to be found guilty of something before he appeals. I mean I know United's Chief Executive is on the F.A.'s board but I imagine they are still going to have to have a hearing even if it is a sham one.

They're deffo gonna throw the book at him, they wouldn't have charged him otherwise. He'll probably be out for a few games, Pool will plod on as normal picking up draws to the likes of Fulham. Meanwhile, Kenny will whip up a siege mentality, akin to Fergie, where all the players believe the FA i.e. 'The MAN' is out to get them. Suarez will come back, score 20 goals and Liverpool will win the league.

Can't you guys see this?

They're deffo gonna throw the book at him, they wouldn't have charged him otherwise. He'll probably be out for a few games, Pool will plod on as normal picking up draws to the likes of Fulham. Meanwhile, Kenny will whip up a siege mentality, akin to Fergie, where all the players believe the FA i.e. 'The MAN' is out to get them. Suarez will come back, score 20 goals and Liverpool will win the league.

Can't you guys see this?

It's on.

ah man, i'd forgotten about this shower of cunts after the weekend. do i have to give a shit about anymore? can't we just fast forward to euro 2012?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back