new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

There's talk of...

harry-redknapp-new-415x275.jpg

Himself and Dalglish go back a bit. Dalglish took good care of Jamie back in the day

Redknapp would be out of his gourd to walk from spurs to us. Better positioned than us, better financed, infinitely stronger squad in depth. You'd be swapping a massaging back pillow for a cricket bat to the shins.

If we keep all our players, get a manager who's interested in attractive attacking football and has the people skills to lift a squad that is capaple of doing far better than seventh, we'll probably pip Spurs.

That's a lot of ifs.

There's absolutely zero chance of Redknapp being interested in the job. Dalglish is apparently looking for permission from Capello to fly out to SA to speak with Gerrard and Carragher about the situation at Anfield. I reckon Kenny has his hands full trying to convince senior players to remain committed to the club, and probably doesn't have a much on offer to allay their fears. If his influence can keep big name players happy then fair fucks to him. Looks like Benayoun is off to play musical benches at Stamford Bridge. Pity but there was bound to be at least one player to wash his hands straight away and at 30 he's probably only got two more good seasons in him.

I'm still torn about the managerial shortlist. My head says someone like Hodgson, a very good manager with Premier League experience, used to a small budget for whom the job would be a step up (plus his missus is a scouser). My heart says Louis Van Gahl whom is a world class coach that would show the players and the fans and the rest of the footballing world that the club means business. Given his options it's highly unlikely though. I reckon Pellegrini makes a lot of sense financially too but might be a gamble.

Just please, NOT O'Neill and DOUBLE NOT Hughes. I'd take a season of Dalglish over those nightmares.

There's absolutely zero chance of Redknapp being interested in the job. Dalglish is apparently looking for permission from Capello to fly out to SA to speak with Gerrard and Carragher about the situation at Anfield. I reckon Kenny has his hands full trying to convince senior players to remain committed to the club, and probably doesn't have a much on offer to allay their fears. If his influence can keep big name players happy then fair fucks to him. Looks like Benayoun is off to play musical benches at Stamford Bridge. Pity but there was bound to be at least one player to wash his hands straight away and at 30 he's probably only got two more good seasons in him.

I'm still torn about the managerial shortlist. My head says someone like Hodgson, a very good manager with Premier League experience, used to a small budget for whom the job would be a step up (plus his missus is a scouser). My heart says Louis Van Gahl whom is a world class coach that would show the players and the fans and the rest of the footballing world that the club means business. Given his options it's highly unlikely though. I reckon Pellegrini makes a lot of sense financially too but might be a gamble.

Just please, NOT O'Neill and DOUBLE NOT Hughes. I'd take a season of Dalglish over those nightmares.

You are bang on with every point there. How on earth could someone think Redknapp was a candidate??? Whichever journalist fabricated that was obviously feeling remarkably extra lazy that day.

It looks like it's going to by the Hodge to me. He'll do a good job steading the ship I reckon but I don't think his brand of football will be any better than that of Benitez. Hard to know what our top players will make of it either. If we're going to go for another Benitez type manager in terms of playing style I think I'd rather Lippi.

benitez and houllier...they were the same person, right?
where's roy evens these days?

fee hasn't been agreed, but he's agreed terms.

still, isrealis aren't popular right now. it's the humanitarian thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back