new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

rafa, the ultimate in control freakery, is now claiming that he doesn't sign the players at inter. well now. lets see how long it takes before he's in an interview bad mouthing massimo morratti.

fucking state of liverpool. that fucking cunt. i'd give up isntanbul for him to have never arrived.

no money? no robbie keane 20 million money? no andrea dossena 7 million money? no albert riera, alberto aquilani money? there's 30 million quid LOST on players he bought and fucked off or never played or weren't great. he sqaunderd a fortune. he pissed off his players. he raped our season last year and now we're fucked. he moaned and moaned and fucking moaned. if we were in the champions league there'd be no problem selling the club. him and those two american twits. fucked us.

And where did the money come from? Player sales mostly. We weren't strengthening the squad at any stage. We were the best team in england two years ago but we didn't have anything beyond the first eleven. There's no doubt Benitez made mistakes but it was hardly an easy job was it? I don't think there was one person who could have predicted how badly the Keane deal would go, the vast majority of 'Pool fans were over the moon when he signed. I don't think anyone was to blame for Keane not being able to make the step up and his form since leaving shows we were right to get rid.

Jaysus lads, can we just pause for breath and have a wee bit of perspective here? First of all, despite the generally poor play the team has just one it's fourth european fixture in a row. No great shakes I know, but job done. That team there was missing about 5 first choice players and looked like it. I would have preferred to have had a certain italian available for the fixture but that's not to be now. Aside from those Europa victories we've only had two other matches - one against (a granted weakened) Arsenal who will be there or there abouts all season, in which we out fought and out played them for much of them game only to drop 2 points into our own net at the end. The other was against a ridiculously potent Man City team that many big sides will drop points to this year. The much maligned 4-4-2 formation utilized was largely down to Macherano being a prick and refusing to play at the last minute, thus fucking up the team's tactics and moral. Even then, a sharper Torres would surely have pegged us back to 2-1 and given the eventual result a much less emphatic look. Nobody was expecting anything before start of the season, and I think a bit of realism would benefit the players and fans alike. Any need to mention the continuing turmoil regarding the ownership still affecting the pysche of the whole club?

So for anyone skipping ahead, the match on Sunday is game 3 of 38 and it's still August.

I was disappointed to see that 'certain italian' go out on loan but hopefully young pacheco can fill the role he would have played this season. I just love how bloody direct he is, get the ball, head towards goal, more of that please and thanks.

Bit of a shame the way it's ended with Masch, up to the City game I don't think that he'd ever let yez down as far as I can remember aside from the occasional sending off and that partnership with Xabi was pretty much the perfect pairing for the 4-2-3-1 or double pivot or whatever you want to call it (aside from maybe Schweinsteiger and Kheidera for Germany in the WC who made it function is a slightly different way). Legacy at the club is probably tainted forever now.

He probably could have got the moved and played on Monday too.

Wheels is right, some of you are getting ahead of yourselves. Mascherano going was inevitable once he forced the issue on Monday night. You have to have a little sympathy for him, his family are miserable and he was desperate to move as a result. He even stayed last year and had a good season when he knew he could have caused more ruckus to leave.

The way Hodgson spends this loot is critical. He needs to bring in players he trusts, hence the Konchesky deal. I don't know much about him but I reckon he'll be one of those dependable robots who will provide stability. Seeing Pacheco getting some game time is positive, Roy obviously sees something in him. I reckon Roy's big arm around Babel could eventually see him knock a few goals in and improve.

It's gonna take a while, Roy's only been there 6 weeks. It'll be another 6 weeks at least before you being to see some consistency and good performances.

Turns out those figures above are euros not pounds so we've effectively sold him for slightly less than we paid for him. Shocking stuff altogether.

I thought it was a terrible deal alright, but it turns out that when the club bought him, for 18m back in feb 2007, that price included his wages for 4 seasons. A really weird situation, down to the fact he was contracted to an agency and not a club. He would have been earning a couple of million a year so the club is actually making a profit on him, and he didn't even see out the 4 years so they'll recoup some of the cash. Still though, he's defo worth more than the 16-17 million they're getting for him. I don't mind, as long as Hodgson spends it wisely. I can't understand why he didn't take Hleb when Barca were offering him as part of the deal though. He would have been a well handy option for the right wing.

According to the guardian your Masch replacement is Raul Meireles of Porto and Portugal.

Is he the one with the terrible Emo tattoos?

Looks like fee and terms have been agreed already so Raul Meireles it is! I have to admit I know nothing about the bloke but it's being reported that utd were after him too and that £10.7m is a low fee due to him running down his contract. I hope the guy has a bit of pace to his game, we need to be moving the ball around a lot quicker in the middle of the park. Anybody see much of him at the WC? I didn't see any portugezzer games. Well at least it's a good that we've been allowed to reinvest the masch money.

Well at least he likes to take charge against utd!

scaled.php

Also I'd say we are now easily the most tattooed team in the league.

I didn't see any portugezzer games.

If he's the guy I'm thinking of then I thought he looked pretty good from what I saw in the Ivory Coast and North Korea games. No one looked good against Brazil.

The end of the Cole in the hole experiment already? Meireles, Poulsen anchoring and Gerrard pushed up? Given the finances at the club I don't imagine that anyone pool signs is coming in to be a squad player.

Edit: Should have said when I posted last night. Guardian were saying that it's definately on, not that they were considering tyring to buy him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back