new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

yeah, the benitez weight is lifted, or so it seems. he's man with something to prove, all over again. glen johnson will need to buck up though, he was poor again last night.

poulsen is in, confirmed by juve, and masch is desperate to leave, can't stand england. if we can reinvest that money wisely (left back, wwinger, striker maybe?) and get a canny loan signing (huntelaar??) we might not need this takeover to go through til january.

a couple of months ago i was grand, it was shit and i was adjusting my expectations accordingly. and now this? the green shoots of optimism. fuck this. hope is the last thing i need.

Mascherano yesterday - "I don't have nothing against the Liverpool supporters"

Notice the crafty little double negative? Rumour has it he's being forced out of the club because he's been sleeping with Javier Mascherano's wife.

EXACTLY!!!

Actually he's an 18 year old defensive midfielder who has never played a league game for us but who was recently promoted to the first team squad. He's said to have done well in pre-season and did look decent in the Emirates Cup when I saw him.

Cesc is fit though isn't he? Played a half last night for spain. We could have Poulsen and Spearing in ours.

The consistant line from Wenger is that neither Cesc or Van Persie will be ready for the start of the start of the season after coming back late from the World Cup. It may be a bluff but I can't see them playing the full 90 if they feature at all.

We're also likely to be missing Diaby, Denilson and Song. Hence the kids getting a game.

really? what's up with gerrard, lucas, aquilani and mascherano?

Ah it'll probably be Poulsen and Gerrard with Cole behind the front man (Ngog I reckon). Lucas has been flying half way around the world this week and put in a good shift for Brazil too last night. Rumours abound that Roy doesn't fancy Aqua much and for some reason I just completely ruled out Masch. If last season is anything to go by and if he's definitely on his way then best leave him out, it's hard to know if the lad's head would be totally in the game.

I was very surprised to feeling disappointed by the result the weekend, considering how Arsenal have danced around us over the last few meetings. It's too early to draw any major conclusions but the general consensus seems to be that the team's shape and overall performance was a huge improvement on the last years Premier league outings. Keep it up! Jovanovic looked tasty, Ngog's never hit a shot that hard before (if only he could stay onside) and Mascherano was immense bless him. Interesting Mr Hodgson, very interesting.

gerrard looked like a man reborn back in the central position. we'd have taken that result when the fixtures came out. i reckon pepe may have been feeling well rusty, his last match was the last game of last season.

Aquaman heading back to Italy on loan? This makes absolutely no sense to me. Have Liverpool got that many midfielders that they can afford to let one of their most expensive go on loan? Is there someone else coming in? Is monster masch staying put?

Sources from RAWK claim that Hodgson doesn't like the look of Aqua in training. I'd prefer to keep him, as he'd be useful for at least half a season's worth of games. He is a very rich burdon on the new manager though, something like only 66 games played in the last 4 seasons due to injuries. Moratti has said that they no longer have interest in Masch, so I'll continue to give Roy the benefit of the doubt. I'll be watching the transfer window with even more interest/hope now.

you realise we bought poulsen? aquaman won't get a look in. it's just a shame we cant sell him outright.
2 from poulsen, mascherano, lucas, gerrard will play in the middle of the pitch, cole or gerrard in the hole. no need to keep aquilani around on those wages to be fifth choice.

still need a left back who won't be crocked (aurelio)/caught out of position against decent opposition (insua)

as for cover for torres, well I know it's been against relatively shit teams - arsenal and trazponspor - but i do get a hopeful feeling that roy is indeed the man to make good on the quality players benitez bought but couldn't nurture. remember that babel and ngog, if they get good runs, are both the next thierry henrys!

Roy on Fernando starting against city on monday:

"He's been ready to start all the games this season," said Hodgson. "It's just a question of making sure we don't rush things, and with David Ngog and Ryan Babel we don't have to."

See? bit of TLC is all it takes rafa

Also - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/21/kenny-huang-out-liverpool-takeover
Chinese offer seems to be off. Might be a bluff, but I hope it doesn't happen. If they're getting impatient because the board are simply complying with fiduciary duty, it hints at a style of leadership I'd prefer not to suffer

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back